The Shadow Requests Your Input -- See Update

I think it depends on the light. I wouldn’t want to see a work of art destroyed just for the sake of destroying it.

a lot of torture tests are ridiculous in that things are done to whatever is being tested that would simply never be done in normal, or even hard use. i really don’t care whether my flashlight still works after i nuke it along with my microwave popcorn, because i am just never going to do that.

LOL! I like the note to self.

I’m not a fan of torture tests anyway, except for the obvious one of a drop test.

Giveaways are more fun.

I got it!Send the light to Dale to put under his mattress when he is stressed-out about a broken light!That should give it a real “pounding”!

max power tests, how much can a given host take before it burns out the led from overdriving

SHO NUFF!!!

Maybe you could stress test two similar lights like UF-T50 and SC600?

Sorry Dale, only teasin’

No worries :bigsmile:

The LED Museum guy does some clever Extreme Tests.

How about get a GoPro, strap it to an anchor with the light in front of it, then drop all that in the ocean?

Youtube would never be the same…

Dim

Would love to see a torture test. I had a Zebralight H51. It didn’t survive the extreme torture of riding in my pocket for less than two days and being use a few times.

Would like to see how a non-lemon ZL holds up.

A torture test is fun for a few seconds/minutes, a flashlight is fun every night.

I would prefer a give away :slight_smile:

Well, I wouldn’t mind to do some tests with 5 bucks crap light, but you will not see me doing that with Nitecore, Zebra, SWM… unless I have 10 of the same flashlight :bigsmile:

Nah, +1 to what Buwuve said (i.e. giveaway or other way without destroying the light :bigsmile: )

I don't like the idea of destroying a nice flashlight...

so my vote is for a normal giveaway. ;)

Take it onto a glacier, turn it on, wait till it melts a deep hole and watch the beam through the blue ice.

+1

I am for giveaways and not torture testing the flashlights. It would be such a waste of a good flashlight that can bring many hours of enjoyment to someone. If the recipient of the flashlight does not like what was won, the recipient should just do another giveaway and pass it on to to someone else who might enjoy it.

No opinion.

Just wanted to share this for reference:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?321619-Zebralight-Torture-Test

This is a tough call. I like the give-a-ways, and the chance of owning such marvels entices me. But on the other side of the coin the torture tests create wonderful entertainment for more than just the one person.

Here’s my proposition, do another riddle thread, but any who answer the riddle correctly go into the draw as a give-a-way, and if nobody gets it, then draw for torture test claused give-a-way.