The Shadow Requests Your Input -- See Update

destructive testing seems a little wasteful

but, that’s not to say I haven’t done a bit of my own

if that’s the way this goes, I might suggest a shootout - compare a budget light with something that’s a bit more costly - ie $10 vs $30

torture test … Run over with a car >) >)

Torture test of course

Update:

Based on your input, here's what will happen. This will be more like reality TV than a giveaway LOL, but still a giveaway because the RESTORED lights will be given away in the end. So although flashlights will be hurt and even killed in this, they'll be resurrected.

Once the final details are ironed out I'll start the giveaway thread listing the torture tests. BLF members can participate by guessing which light will last longest: a Zebralight SC600 or its budget counterpart, an Ultrafire UF-T50.

Torture tests will be documented and performed by The Shadow, then scaru, then mkett39. Lights will then go to Old-Lumens for restoration, however he sees fit so these will become one-of-a-kind collectors items. I will randomly select a winner for the restored winning light from those who guessed correctly and randomly select a winner for the restored losing light from those who guessed wrong.

Special thanks to scaru, mkett39, and Old-Lumens for graciously agreeing to play active roles and thanks to everyone else for your input.

TheShadow is a clever one, isn’t he?

anyway?

im curious to see what justin does with these lights… though some of these tests could damage the host beyond repair though im guessing. one things for sure. we will find out

Three torture testers leading to Old Lumen rebuilds? Awesomeness! Maybe we should make sure scaru doesn’t roll the light around in his diaper if others will be using it after.

for a reading light. i doubt he wears diapers. i’m sure not.

Now this is interesting. I can’t wait now, off to read reviews on uf-t50 and zebralight sc600 so we can hedge our bets….

i don’t care if you drive over an sc600 with a car, 3x, and don’t restore it, I’d still love to win that light lol

Hmm. If someone guesses Zebra, and he wins the draw, he will get Zebra. No matter which light wins the test…

Other than that, great giveaway! Thanks!

Great catch! I’ll adjust the rules to fix this. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah! Great plan.

Damm straight, I’ve been resisting pulling the trigger on one of these for a bit now, only reason I can justify an actual need for it, their damm expensive over here. :expressionless:

What a great idea!This is going to be the most exciting give-away yet!!!Good show, Shadow!