The SolarForce S1100 is here!!! Beamshots added!! New picture added!!!

mmmmm that is pretty!! :slight_smile: ….
shipping is 2 dollars regardless of order size

hmm true, are L2 available in U2 white tint though?

No problem:

rikr wrote:The reflector is bigger and deeper and the finish is a mirror. No haze and all parts come apart.

Hint: I mean the last 4 words.

SinkPAD, XM-L2, sense resistor swap for 5A drive current? Giggity.

Oh man that is gorgeous. I am excited to see more pics!

I know what ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS is getting next lol.

Xm-l2 plus sinkpad plus 4-5A!??? Insanity!

XM-who?

Go big or go home! Don't know what you'd do for a driver though, but the battery config gives you a good platform to start from (3 in series, I believe).

Trust me, I know this. :wink:

That is one sweet looking light, congrats Rick. That $120 price tag is very tempting. I’ve destroyed my flashlight budget so no S1100 for me (for now) :wink:
Waiting for the review… :slight_smile:

Won't it depend on the as-yet unknown of how well the S1100 reflector & MT-G2 match up? Somebody will have to try it...

Will an MT-G2 fit in the opening of the reflector? Or will it have to be modified?

The MT-G2 emitter surface area is way bigger than the XM-L. The surface brightness (lumens/mm2) is lower, so the intensity of the much larger spot will be lower. I went up from SST-90 to MT-G2 and the throw went down. I will not even guess how much it would drop going from XM-L to MT-G2, but I’d bet that it will go down.
XM-L2 on copper is the clear choice. Optical response remains virtually the same and the emitter lumens can go up by close to 75%, based on Match’s recent data.
Having said that, it’s a great performer (on paper) already. One could easily buy this light and leav… I almost finished that before laughing out loud at myself :wink:

+1 !! Makes a nice host to mod... Who cares it came with a regular U2!

Nice Rikr,I love the design of this light and seems like we are all willing to get this pricey host.I bought btu yesterday,so I have to wait now.I will get the s1100,and beamshots would be awesome.

Great light there, rikr. I’m just curious if the battery carrier can look as nice the light itself.

Can’t wait for beam shots and comparison! 2013 is going to be murder on the wallet for flashlights!!

Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots! Beamshots!

Please!

Man Rick that is a most excellant looking light!

Here’s the Beamshots. I don’t know if tonight was the best night…
SF

TN31

SF

TN31

SF

TN31

I can’t tell for sure. But I want to say TN31 for the last 2 sets of photos.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with the pictures but as soon as I was done taking them the batteries died in the camera. To the eye it is very close which I don’t understand because inside the SF easily wins. The beam on the SF is more of a neutral than that of the TN31 and the beam is tighter on the SF.

Yes I loved it. It comes with a nice box too. You sure have a collection of flashlights. H)