- The Special travelling " BLF Flashlight" idea -

Yes, don’t we? —> Dale’s Crash Test of the Sample X6 J)

You saved me the trouble of hunting down that video

I would, but i only have the one in my collection and never got a second one.

Yes meeting in person is harder but that becomes the point.

It seems to me to be no big deal to drop a box in the post. We get stuff from china all the time BFD, but if it really was showing the path of folks meeting then it would be more “meaningful” to see where it/they is/are.

The meeting in person takes care of shipping cost, and the issue of who gets it next, and “rationalizes” the logistics so that the whole proccess is self managing.

Yes for folks that are retired and live in the boondocks in person does not make much sense but as the vast majority of the worlds population live in metro areas that part should not be an issue.

OR

One light for in person metro exchanges (it brings folks out (how many “members do we have now?”)) and maybe a postal route and budget for the rural folks.

$.02

Somebody does though, who is willing to donate an X6?

If the BLF X6 is still available for the GB price, i woudl just buy another & do some custom work on it (cosmetically) for the Traveling Light.

Is the host still available?

I’m not sure. it it was that woudl work too, as i have tons of components.

There was a thread about how people got it trashed and only 1 securing screw and scratched reflectors and missing parts so maybe its not a good idea

Is someone willing to donate an X6 to this endeavour?

I would buy another if one was available (with the BLF logo) and do some more cosmetic work on it to make it different.

Pretty much everyone and their dog already has an X6 (you’re talking about stock I assume?), ~600 ppl got one from the official group buy alone. It’s not a particularly exciting choice. Imho this event calls for a custom host, maybe a copper tube with an etched logo on the side.

Good point. That was one of my original ideas was to build a smaller version of the Steam-pipe light completely custom from Brass parts, and engrave it with BLF Logo.

Ok to get over stumbling blocks, here a few ideas.

Does anyone have a broken (ahem, non optimal functioning), aka a host that they are willing to donate to the cause? It sort of misses the point if we have a requirement of a working light to start this off the way I see it (at least if it is turning into a barrier).

Does anyone have parts they are willing to donate to the cause?

The way I see it the stumbling blocks are $$$

If we dig and find we have “doner hosts” availible and if we dig and find we have “doner parts” availible and yes if folks want to meet in person we can get this kicked off for $0.00 if not well then that is a stumbling block I have already put my $.02 in on.

Lets see if this gets things going.

I already have several working lights to choose from that will be donated/used for this Traveling light, so looking for donations is not really needed. I am willing to foot the cost, donate the light, build the travel box, and foot the cost of the first shipping cost to get it underway.

I do have a bunch of parts available, though maybe not the most interesting selection

Why is this thread dead? I’ve got a c8 mini(10440/aaa), 2 tirs for it(15° and 45°), one reflector, one qlite 3,04A and one xp-g2 s2 2b on a noctigon. Someone will have to make the pill tho, and make everything else fit :slight_smile:

Dbcstm was the inspiration in this thread mini c8

I have a orange baked 502b and all the accessories to make a functional light either nichia or xml2. One of those beater lights that wouldn't break the bank to loose. Could throw something together this week.

502B’s r ugly :stuck_out_tongue:

They are... Buy hey, maybe it will get something going

It’s not Dead at all. I have bee busy at work this past 2 weeks. As for those mini C8s, i have several i already modded. I have a selection of other flashlight candidates I will use for the traveler, and will post the photo here soon so keep your eyes open for it. :slight_smile: