The There Are No Stupid Questions Thread

As far as I can tell,
An owl named Bob…

All the Best,
Jeff

With those (8)X7135 convoy drivers, the 7135s are in parallel, meaning I can just desolder one to and the driver will still function normally, just with 350mA less current right? No modification needed?

I want to create a multi mode S2+ UV but the least powerful 7135 multi mode driver I could find is a 3X7135 which would probably overdrive the nichia emitter a bit too hard. They’re rated for 700mA unless I’m mistaken.

Yes.

Thanks!

Same here. Series didn’t grab me. I liked a number of the actors, but… Just wasn’t for me. Kyle MacLachlan was much better in “Blue Velvet” (written & directed by David Lynch, who also did Twin Peaks).

Thank you very much JasonWW!
In the end I told him to use it as a 2 click turbo and ramping or not at all and I take it from him… but he didn’t want to give it up :laughing:

The Twin Peaks movie “Fire Walk With Me” pretty much explained everything.

I didn’t see it, but is everything ever really explained in David Lynch movies? I have Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive on DVR. I think both movies are really good, but they are open to interpretation at best.

X65 MINI. I noticed in Turbo mode it takes Two attempts to turn light off. Is that a switch or driver issue?

That’s pretty specific, have you asked on an X65 thread?

I need to update and be more specific.

AFTER and ONLY when the light steps down from turbo I have to hit the switch twice to get it to go off and also I have to Press/Hold Two separate times in order to change modes.

My guess it is a driver issue. If I am right this will be a moot point after I send to Skylumen next week for an upgrade with his driver.

His driver VNX2 has a Default turbo timer setting of 20 minutes. I would only have the possibility of running 20 straight minutes on the coldest winter nights.The batteries will be drained at that point too.

If it is the switch that won’t come into play either.

How many amperes can an Emisar D4S driver handle? Are 100A too much for the FET?

Depending on your interpretation I can see where it explained a lot, however it doesn’t continue any of the cliffhanger plotlines from S2. The Return does and there is a great deal of payoff if you’re a fan IMO, but also expands on and introduces many elements.

The Infenion BSC009NE2LS5 FET used in the D4S is rated at 100A and you can look up the data sheet for all the details. There are probably other weak links in the driver, though. The springs probably wouldn’t handle 100A without going soft.

What’s the difference between forward clicky, and reverse clicky buttons?

FC = momentary on, RC = momentary off.

Thank you, sir.

Thank you JasonWW.

I wanted to build a flashlight with seven quad optics and a D4S driver because I would like to use the color changing aux leds. :sunglasses:

Good point about the springs, I’ll have to solve that somehow. But maybe the 28 leds won’t draw 100A, more like 60 or 70A.

You should ask DB Custom. He has done something similar, but used one main driver to control 4 “dummy” drivers to spread out the amperage. Even though that FET is rated to handle that amperage, the driver was not. You might fry the copper traces on the pcb or something. Best to talk to someone experienced so you dont waste time or money.

What does the following bin designators translate to mean:

6500k LED (1C), 4500k LED (4D), and 3000k (7A)

TIA :beer: