The There Are No Stupid Questions Thread

Do you know how many amps it pulls on Turbo?

I don’t understand what your saying.

No I do not. This is what it says on Acebeam website.

1. The light must be powered by 4 x ACEBEAM ARC18650H-310A battery with 10Amps of current or the major brand batteries with the same Voltage, Capacity and Watt hour ratings as original. The light may not be turned on when using other brand battery with the less current.

The output is regulated, but I dont know if it’s a 12v Buck driver or a 6v Boost driver. I cant seem to find detailed driver info on it. If the battery pack voltage is 6v then it’s a Boost driver. If it’s 12v, then it’s probably a Buck driver.

They advertise it as 12,000 lumen, but no way are 5 xhp35-hi putting out 2,400 lumen each. I’d say each led at most is pulling 2.5A. So 12.5A at 16v if a Buck driver. Probably 10A is more realistic (2A each led).

A Boost driver could probably do more Turbo runs, but draw more amps.

Can you measure the voltage coming out of the battery holder? I’m just curious.

Skylumen says MJ1 will work fine.

I do not have the light yet. Arrives Friday and I do not have equipment to measure.

The batteries it comes with will work for awhile. I can try the MJ1 and see what happens. If Skylumen says they work fine[and he mods it a bit] then they probably will.

I may also get 4 X Molicel P26A BT after that/backup. :sunglasses:

Thank You Jason for taking time to explain that. :+1:
I have a better understanding how a FET driver works now.
So this light will use 2 x 30Q’s at 6v.

chuckle…… :+1: :beer:

I have a push button switch purchased at Lowes that reads 250vac @ 3amps , 125vac @ 6amps how many amps can it handle at 6vdc ?

It’s hard to say. A quick google search showed:

DC Rule of Thumb

For those switches that list an AC voltage rating only, the “DC Rule of Thumb” can be applied for determining the switch’s maximum DC current rating. This “rule” states the highest amperage on the switch should perform satisfactorily up to 30 volts DC. For example, a switch which is rated at 10A 250VAC; 15A 125VAC; 3/4HP 125-250VAC, will be likely to perform satisfactorily at 15 amps up to 30 volts DC (VDC).

So maybe 6A at least? Sometimes you have to try it out and see if it burns up or not. Some clicky switches handle way more power than they are rated.

I have another electrical question, I need to run a small water pump for another build and a small fan to cool a small driver.
Can they be wired to 2 x 30Q in series, not fully charged for 7v. below are the pump and fan.
I wanted to wire them to one toggle switch in parallel and maybe put fuses somewhere in the circuit. I am concerned they will draw too many amps and burn up. Any suggestions are very welcome :slight_smile:

Question

Who killed carol baskins husband ?

Who killed Laura Palmer?

That was answered.

Both of those combined draw maybe 5 watts. That’s not much amperage at all. Maybe 0.6 amp at 8.4v. You can run the batteries fully charged. The pump voltage range is fine. For the fan you’d need to add a cheap DC to DC Buck converter to get 5v output.

Something like this is a few dollars.

After watching season 3 IDK if anything on that show was really answered. Lynch went “full Lynch” when we all wanted closure. :weary:

The books/visual guides released after S3 apparently have comprehensible answers though.

Not too long ago, I watched season 1 and part of season 2 of Twin Peaks, and then I totally lost interest.

Oh, I have not seen season 3 yet. I plan to watch it soon.

Thank You very much ” JasonWW ” :+1:

It’s really good if you like Lynch’s work at all, just very different to the original two seasons. And just don’t get your hopes up for all the plotlines to be tied up in a nice little bow at the end… but that wouldn’t be very Twin Peaks of it if they were. :wink: