The thread about fixed knife bargains in fasttech, gearbest, ebay or others...

It being tiny is one reason I wanted to try it. It’s a 3-finger, never had a decent knife this size. Looks comfortable enough. Who knows, might really like it. If not, it’ll serve as car knife or something.

But I do wonder why it sells fast. Gotta be something.

I’ll try to post my view once I receive and test it.

Elk Mountain foundation

| Price | US $6.98 |
| Length | 205mm |
| Blade length | 85mm |
| Blade thickness | 3.2mm |
| Blade width | 40mm |
| Blade material | 440C steel |
| Weight | 194g |
| Handle material  | Pakka wood |
| Sheath | Nylon |

I got myself a set of 4 Izula’s for under 20$ here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-IZULA-Mini-Ant-Portable-Fixed-Blade-Knife-Outdoor-Camping-Hunting-Survival-Knife-SMF-Outdoor-EDC/32577521787.html?

Maybe some input from you experts here?

I am thinking about the following knifes.
Need a fixed for batoning
Want to buy 2 knifes.

After string and clicking these I like from looks.

I trust the AliExpres platform, so that is my preferred vendorplace.

Here goes:
$26
Looks like quality knife, though I had $20 set as max, the steel, sheath and overal looks made me put this in the list.
$21
seems solid

$11
Now here is a low price, looks good.
no go, does not seem a full tang
$13
Looks very nice
$14
like the shape of the blade
$14
also nice pricing
no go, does not seem a full tang

I suggest the Cima-1 for $21.58 at GearBest

It will serve your intentions well

Checkout the mhanlen posted video review

Personally I would take any of the first 3 on the list because they appear to be full tang knives. At the price point I would not expect much quality of the sheath but the knives look solid enough and have a nice design.

love the mhanlen videos!

When I compare the Cima with my second link
About the same price
AE knifes hardness is rated higher
10mm longer blade on the AE knife
AE knife sheath is leather
(subjective) sheath is much nicer looking
(my own n=1 experience) AliExpres offers me more protection as buyer, refunds easier and ships faster

Yeah I think nr 2 is a go, the comparison with the Cima made me think one of the first two should be a good start.

I can’t see a pc of the top view of the buck
This one looks nice from above, steel just goes on.
In contrast the other cheaper one, the steel stops at the handle (sure in the middle of the handle it will go on, but I rather have it the total height of the handle, so that one is a no go.

Well the shortlist s shorter with two dropouts :slight_smile:

On a second glance, knife Nr. 5 has a lot of very positive reviews and is only 14$ :wink:

Yes leaning to 2 and 5 now

I have something similar to #5 but with longer blade and uncolored handle. Bought locally for ~$10.

If this is anything similar to mine, then I can vouch for it. I don’t know what steel it is, just that it retains sharpness well and can be sharpened to shave. It feels better than SRM 710 (440C steel), for example. Good balance between hardness/strength, you can also pry if necessary without breaking.

This has served to chop vegetations and smaller trees, I think I’ve had this for a year, and still going strong.

On the other hand, I also have one similar to the one marked Columbia (#6) - it’s a disappointment. It’s carbon steel, can be sharpened well but it feels too brittle - might break upon hard usage. I’ve not broken mine, but my friend (a knife seller) told me quite a few broken issue with the Columbia knife. Also the steel will start rusting when not baby’ed. I waxed mine and now it serve as shelf queen.

This knife is $59 on AE, way beyond my budget. But I really love the design.

Anyone has suggestion for similar knife like this under $20?

[quote

This knife is $59 on AE, way beyond my budget. But I really love the design.

Anyone has suggestion for similar knife like this under $20?[/quote]

That’s a good looking knife! If it came with a simple nylon or leather sheath it would be half the price. Sorry I have no suggestion for you though.

thanks, usefull information, I am not looking for a shelf queen. so that one is out.

The only question is, what would 1 offer over 2?
they almost seem like the same knife. (measurements different as if measured by hand)
EDIT I got it, they are cloning this knife

That why they look the same but differ a bit. /EDIT
$26
Looks like quality knife, though I had $20 set as max, the steel, sheath and overal looks made me put this in the list.
$21
seems solid
$14
This one is a definite GO now

Well that settles it.
Checked out some videos, sheath seems ok, knife seems ok, I go for the nr 2, sine it is a little tiny bit bigger.
Order them later.
Knife nr 2 and 3, when they arrive I let you know how it is when they arrive (is going to be a long wait, thats for sure)

Awaiting for the ganzo g801 at 21$ with free shipping in typical chinese webs… i hope so.

Today the first of the fixed blades arrived

For ~$12 I cannot understand how they can sell this.
The handles are made from wood and they are seemless with the metal.
The sheath is very solid and hangs on the belt securely with no weak points.
Incredible nice in the hand
Out of the box (yes it came in a box) so sharp that I now have a hairless spot on my arm
And it is a looker, very beautifull
I do not even want to baton with this one, so postponed working on the bamboo till others arrive.

It’s no so rare it costs 12$ for its size. For example this “buck” costs 8.86$ with wood handle and so.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1901/10002795/1208201-camping-hunting-knife

But it seems googd looking. One thing: they say 440c but on the blade i see 440, and if the maker put 440 is 440a, not 440c.

Yeah but compare the blade to the biggest Ganzo on the pic, it is a fair amount bigger. (actually it is bigger then the adversitement says)

I have this too:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1901/10006667/1522006-ct343-stainless-steel-fixed-wilderness-survival

DEPTH 16.2 mm
HEIGHT 213 mm
WIDTH 34 mm
BLADE LENGTH 95 mm
OPEN LENGTH 199 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 199 g
THICKNESS 3.8 mm

That it’s even larger and thicker (10.79:money_mouth_face: than that from aliexpress:

Longitud total: 20.5 cm
De la hoja: 9.5 cm
Grosor de la hoja: 3mm
Ancho de la hoja: 3 cm
Material de la lámina: 440C
Material de la manija: Caoba
Dureza: 55HRC
Peso: 140g

But the “browning” see well. If pass tests can be a good option.

The handle of the “Browning” is a lot different. It has three spaces for fingers (two smaller for index and middle and a larger for ring and pink) the handle is also held into place with two screws instead of the 4 I see on the fasttech knife. Mine is cleaner just wood.

Blade looks very similar.
The “Browning” is 3,8mm thick
The cutting blade is 96mm and that is only the cutting part, where it stops to the handle adds more length.