The thread about fixed knife bargains in fasttech, gearbest, ebay or others...

Thanks!.

Somebody has tested the hx outdoors d122?

No experience, but I’d prefer to shop a few levels farther up the food chain. They do have some beautiful knives, and their catalog pages are well-crafted; but at the end of the day it comes down to price in the market.

As a quick example (not shilling, just quick), here’s where XXX and FastTech have the same knife:

Buck 692 Vabgyard from XXX = $21.65
009 Stainless Steel Fixed Tactical Survival Knife from FastTech = $8.78

Both have Free Shipping, so basically it works out to just a knife from XXX vs. a pair of the same plus a flashlight from FT. There aren’t many examples like this, mainly because FT has such crazy/weird knives — and pitifully few in number. But the huge difference in price just makes me want to find what XXX lists, from a seller like FT.

Just my two cents worth…

That buck could be a decent knife for the price and i have seen hard test on it in youtube but the tang is horrible and it is nonsense a blade like that with a weak tang. There are photos about that on internet.

As far as I know, they aren’t actually grooves to help blood escape - they are put into knife blades simply to help reduce weight.

I think is for both things, but i see on hunter knives and it’s for the blood can come out when the knife is inside.

The groove is also known as a “fuller”. From what I can find, in actual use there’s no real difference grooved or not but people have come to expect it so it’s there as a feature.

Phil

Oh, I dunno… I find when I stab people in the eye with a fullered blade, I get more blood on my apron. Non-fuller blades, not-so-much…

OTOH, the fuller groove makes the blades light enough I can carry 15-20 more knives to birthday parties in my Acme Boobie-The-Clown costume…

(Too weird for a morning post? Stab me.)

:Sp

But seriously, folks, Phil is the Master and has brought us back to comfortable, stab-free reality. The scary nickname compensates for the inevitable fact that most blades spend most of their time being carried, so every ounce removed helps worlds.

Even more deep and full, the groove is called a “Fuller Groove” because it was traditionally made by an anvil tool (attachment?) called a “Fuller”. As the groove is made by extruding the blade material, it doesn’t actually make the blade lighter, just bigger for its weight.

(And just for those with no measurable Sense of Humor: No, I have never actually stabbed anyone, in the eye or any other body parts. And I hate clowns.)

I’d love to find a good deal on a Fallkniven F1clone, I know Aliexpress has them, but I’d prefer to find one some place that takes PayPal.

I noticed they take PayPal. Have you had good luck ordering from them?

Cima-1 Fixed Blade knife. I finally received my Cima from Gearbest. Took about 5 weeks, I’m glad it showed up. I know it varies from knife to knife but my example is decent. If You can live with the long wait and the rest of the issues ordering with GB, I say go for it. Fairly thick blade, at least 4.5mm, but tapers nicely into a good sized belly and a sharp blade. It’s a small fixed blade knife, overall length only 8.25”. http://www.gearbest.com/fixed-blades-knives/pp_235633.html I noticed they have raised the priced quite a bit (showing $25.97) That’s up 20% in 5 weeks OUCH! I think I paid around $21.50

I see there are problems with knives, but i think is for postal mail or customs.
One folder never came but they resend it.

I really hate when a product raise up if they have demand. I know that knife and i like it but:

It is a bit small, it has problems with the sheath with retentions, the steel is only 7cr13, i had hope at least 8cr13mov like enlans or sanrenmus (the worst steel they use). And the price is a bit high yet. A folder i think has more work than a fixed knife, they have parts, little pieces, lock system, liners… Well, if it is a “big” knife i understand it use more steel but the cima 1 is small.
If at least it was a esse 4 or 5 clone with 8cr13… But i see good reviews of it. At 26$… Well, the ganzo folders are cheaper. If cima 1 is down to 21$ again perhaps could be well, but not a bargain, only good for the price.

Just keep an eye on the price, I bet they will lower it. My example has decent sheath retention. I’m pretty sure this is a Esee 3 / Rat 3 Clone, but thicker and Heavier.

Yes, i like the cima 1. But i would like a lot more with at least 8cr13mov (with 9cr13 or 9cr18 would a gem) and a bit longer blade (i have enlans, ganzos, harnds etc with longer blades than the cima 1 and they are folders, i like longer blades on fixed knives because for short blades i carry folders instead!). Longer blade, better steel (at least 8cr13), less price and it would a real gem. Cima must to think they are fighting with mora knives… really i do not know why cima does not use 9cr13 like other knives from itself on the cima 1.

Hey guys!
This will probably hit the thread, look here: Ganzo fixed blade!!! at only 21,95$ If it’s good like the last folding knives, well, this is the real gem!

I think they will sell a lot!
I really hope so, so that Ganzo will produce many other fixed blade models. And I’ll buy them :bigsmile:

EDIT:
and here rebranded at 39,15$ :~ StatGear 99416 Surviv-All Outdoor Knife

None of that send to Spain. I do not know why the typical shops from China have not that knife from ganzo. It must be for a zone of world only.

Probably you’re right.
But it’s only a question of time we will able to buy them from Aliexpress/Gearbest etc etc :bigsmile:

Ummm, i do not know because a lot of newer enlans (el16, 17…) never came to chinese shops. Or the fixed knife with tanto tip from tekut… Or the sanrenmu 913 plain edge (yes in Germany)…

Guess for 22 bucks the Ganzo passes muster for a cheap thrill of a knife. The re-branded ones are rediculously trumped up efforts of the Ganzo entry. Reviews are not so great. Cheaply put together...i.e. glass breaker crooked and pressed in?? , poor engineered sheath...maybe for a lads first knife it would be ok, but I definitely wouldn't spring for one.