The THROWER Thread

Will you put links on the two you mentioned at the bottom for the newbies please? Like this:

A good P60 such as a solarforce package or a C8 such as the XinTD maybe a better starting point.

Good idea :slight_smile:

HA! Jeansy - you hard working lux comparator! Our minds think alike. I've ordered 3 Jacobs more. 1 I'll work on converting 1 to a hard (over)driven hotrod XML thrower. One is to be kept stock. 1 is for XPG-2 and 1 is for a secret little project ;-)

I must admit that it is only the third flashlight I ever have had more than one of. The first being Sipik SK68, the second being the Small Sun C10 and now this :-)

Regarding the Small Sun C10: I've measured it at 45 Kcd but since the reports of its tail cap current being anything from 0,8 A to 2,1 A I guess there are variations to measurements too. Mine pulled 1,4A in high and did 45 kCd. It is VERY easy to mod with Nanjg 105C 2,8 A driver (despite soldering of the led wires I consider it almost a "drop-in driver" solution for the light) With the Nanjg pulling a steady 2,8 A I get 68 kCd BTW.

Regarding Lux number variations: I've compared my meter values to what others have reported and my values seem to be within 5% of what others report. I put that down to battery variations as most lights will get higher numbers with unprotected cells of good quality. That little protection pcb costs a little voltage drop (guessing here) reducing the total watt output of the lights even with constant current drivers.

Any custom lights admitted for the list ? I have a Uniquefire UF-T20 aspheric, It’s an E1320 mod XR-e 2.8amp… Throws 500 yards no problem !

Yes im looking forward to the Jacob, the XPG2 and driver were destined for my UltraOK but after doing this it would be a waste not to use the Jacob.

I shall adjust the Small sun, ill try to add all suggestions until they conflict and then i will try to compromise or use the best regarded, ie i would use a figure published by SB or TurboBB over a unknown member unless there is sound proof to think otherwise.

The Small Sun sounds impressive to make that reading, i gave mine to another member on here for project use.

OT: Where abouts in Denmark are you from, i do company training in Kolding now and then, not recently tho. I enjoyed the English bar in the centre and Daisy’s if you know it :slight_smile:

Sorry Manny, i think that sounds awesome but it would just open up too wide of a group and i would not be able to see easily, comparable data. Feel free to add any more to the comments tho as people can read the whole thread and see members tips for what and how to modify.

No prob…. Keep up the good work !!!

Well just remember that the new EagleTac M3C4 with the new driver that EagleTac is putting in them is going to smoke the old ones that were rated at 40,000k or so. I have heard a report of 65,000k. And that’s what I said I believe my sample is the way it beat my Crelant 7G5 that selfbuilt says is 58,000 lux on 4 CR123A batteries. I was probably one of the very first to get one. I have no light meter. But I do believe my Crelant 7G5 sample is one of the better ones out there and should be very close to the 58,000 lux figure. There is no doubt in my mind that the M3C4 I have will easily beat the Crelant 7G5 in lux output.

Cheers ILF, I thought that may be the case but I could not find any reference to a Lux figure for the new driver version. I take it the eagle tac does run on 18650s, even if it is slightly lower output?

Well I was running 4 CR1223A’s in it as well when I compared it against the Crelant 7G5 with 4CR123A’s in it. The M3C4 easily won.

7G5

M3C4

BLUE LED wrote tis at CPF.

I have the Thrunite TN31, Eagletac M3C4 XM-L in the T6 and updated U2 version with new driver.

M3C4 T6 41k Lux
M3C4 U2 63k Lux

My light meter under reads and is very similar to Selfbuilt’s first meter. Therefore I would need to add a few thousand to my readings to achieve a more accurate reading.

So I would say it’s very safe to say that the new M3C4 updated U2 version will be around the 65,000 lux@1m mark.

Cool great pics, I’m struggling to see much difference but you saw it in person so your more qualified than me. Have you decided what to go for next?

Edit, didn’t know you had the TN31, how’s it compare, seems a decent step up by the figures?

I’m thinking of the modded FandyFire STL-V6 that is claimed at 117,000k for a little over a $100 shipped.

And this chart with the figures under the orange section at lux for 1 meter I believe is very accurate.

And I would say the FandyFire STL-V6 is about 48,000 to maybe 50,000k due to the fact that my SR51 seems to beat it in throw and what selfbuilt says the SR51 is.

Anybody have lux on a UF G4 MCU - preferably with 2 CR123s?

Are the Fandyfire and Skyray identical?

That modded one is unreal value for money if it really does even anything over 100k. If the tests prove the claims I can see the price rise or some serious waiting lists…

Olight M3X I would feel comfortable putting it down at around 56,000K.

Said to be the exact same light by those that have each.

Looks like a pretty standard C8, any reason you expect different?

how about adding the crelant 7g9? crelant claims 75k lux… someone at cpf tested it at 57.5k (but also speculated that the beam is not fully collimated at 1m)