Thermal paste

Liquid metal is much better than regular thermal pastes.
It is used quite often with extreme cooling PCs because it gives a significant temp improvement.
As long as you don’t use it on aluminum surfaces, Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra is the best you could use.
The only thing better is soldering/welding two pieces of metal together.

Could (any and all of) you please avoid using posting links of these dumbassly implemented locale/foreign Aliexpress sites?

Please understand how plenty of users may not be able to understand whatever (horridly) transgoogled stuff, to start with. Then, if I you click on “Go to Global Site” it straight takes you to the “main page”, but you lose track of whatever you were looking at. Thus, as far as I understand this, you are forced to log into your account, then re-open that foreign language link and add the item to your wishlist. After that you can come back to the global/whatever site of your choice, and follow the link in your wishlist to access the requested item information in a sort of understandable language.

Well done Aliexpress dumbasses, well done.

Cheers fellows ^:)

P.D.: Aliexpress' GD Official Store (global English site)

Originally posted on Fri, 03/03/2017 - 07:07; lil typo fixed just for the sake of sicken-perfection.

Because I tested it.

Here are some measurements from the low price range, the reference is mx-2.
that was a xeon quad with around 80W overall compsuption.
With higher consumption the temp differences are even bigger and bigger.

mx-2 46.5°C
gd900 48,5°C
hy-880 51°C
gd460 51.5°C
hy-510 52.5°C
Coolink white 52.5°C
Coolink silver 53°C

:+1:

Just add to cart, click global site click cart and click product, much easier :wink:

And you may dislike how Aliexpress works, but by dismissing it you will miss out on a lot of useful stuff. My advice: bear with how Aliexpress works and enjoy the many good products sold there. A great feature of AE at least is that they ship fast and secure.

I've got some GC extreme I bought for a near-silent computer build. I think everything better than it on the list was either crazy expensive or had issues like being really difficult to apply. There's no way I'd spend even that much for a flashlight though.

Just another (more optimized) crappy workaround for an issue which shouldn't manifest, The Miller. But thanks.

I do not miss Aliexpress, djozz. Nonetheless, besides the previously addressed issue there's its defective search engine which, as far as I know, doesn't supports logic operators/wildcards, yet still it is surpassed by the ignominious über-PoS search engine Banggood's site has, so PoS I've sometimes used a google advanced search with the “site:banggood.com” function. Fortunately I need not to make Bangbad searches often. They must have a team of retarded apes coding such a bull@#$%. :facepalm:

Cheers ^:)

Considering my modest expwith thermal interfaces i could share this:

- Most of nowadays CPU/GPU thermal pastes do degrade PRETTY fast, due to the fact that i do own a highly OCed PC( watercooled too) i tested / still testing nearly everything on the market
The best one that i have found to far are

1. Liquid metal
  • dont degrade, not after 3 years of heavy use, dont damage the CPU core even when directly soldered so it wont damage any MCPCB too, ofc it cant be used on an AL surface
  1. AS5
    Dont degrade, needs a time to work as it should, kinda hard to spread, kinda spendy for 24/7 flashlight use especialy if you mod alot like i do
    3.Arctic Creamique
    I use this like every day,cheap, reliable, good thermal condictivity(5 W/mK), dont degrades

And yes, GC extreme do degrade pretty fast alltogether with MX 2, MX4 est
gd900 is good too if original, there are ton of fakes arround the net

Dont wanna argue, just sharing my exp.

They have 2 more advanced products besides the regular GD900:

https://gdbrand.aliexpress.com/store/group/GD900-1-Nanotechnology-Gray/235415_254072887.html

NANO-WHAT?

And there it is, their premium product:

https://gdbrand.aliexpress.com/store/group/GD007-High-end/235415_252637339.html

Cheers ^:)

Not argumentative at all.

Saying “X degrades fast” without providing any proof or even explaining what he means by “degrades” certainly is.
MX-4 can last over 8 years, and there are thousands of people using it with no problem.
Unless this guy actually has temperature readings before and after, I wouldn’t believe this random claim with no backup.

Just sharing his experience as he clearly says. 10 people walk the same journey, their experience will all be told different.
You are a feisty one you. Always ready to pounce when you don’t agree on something or you feel it’s incorrect.

When thousands of people use a product and then someone comes along saying “it degrades” with no evidence or description of any kind, then I try to correct their misinformation.
Usually it’s just user error, nothing to do with the product.

I am just trying to help you guys, and save your time and nerves
Believe me, its quite annoying to find out that you 20$ per gram paste worth nothing and you had to reassemble this again

Of course one can do whatever he things is right and be happy ever after :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for this test…

Imho if MX-2 holds good on xeon quad with around 80W overall consumption than it will be child play for it to hold on 4-5A driven flashlight application :), and even if it will start to loose some properties over the time temperature rise will not be so big to have any influence on led performance.

MX2 wont hold m8, even a week.

When i first builded that PC i used exacly MX2, and after only a week the core temps rised from 70deg C up to 90 when LinX loaded : voila, crashes :smiley:
It fades realy fast
Just get ceramique, or AS5

There are several topics about that matter in extreme OC forum if someone is interested

We did not talk about context of use(pc or flashlight?).

Yes that probably matters for PC configurations… I don’t doubt into your practice experience either…

If we talk about flashlight use then they all should perform fine(more or less fine).
I am pretty sure that led on copper MCPCB would hold fine (little worse, same or even better - depends on prepared surfaces) without any paste under aluminum(brass,copper) pill.

For PC I would also prefer better performing paste. I don’t want to reassemble it every week or so…

And you’ve used MX-4 too?
Because I still get the same 67C I got three years ago, so clearly something is wrong with your computer…

Maybe you’re blaming the thermal paste when in fact it’s your waterblock clogging up or your fans running on a different fan curve or something like that.

My cheap silicone thermal paste arrived. I put some artic silver 5 in the center of the star and put the silicon paste outside. The outside harden but the artic silver 5 in the center should be wet. That should provide good heat sinking.