They are back Tenergy 18650 4@$14.99 delivered

I order 12 AA tenergy batteries from them for $9.99 as their price seems good compare to every where else. Cheapest at other places is more than $15

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360405309302?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2897wt_1165

Just ordered a set of 18650 wonder how they will do in the uf 980l.

That box is pretty sweet, i'm trying to make an excuse for myself so i can order one, lol

Fully agreed. I ordered some items from them and one item was damaged in shipping...they shipped out a new set no questions asked, and rapidly exchanged emails. Can't do much better.

Batteries are flatheads so they will not work with the 980l , unless you modify .

Will they not make contact?
I was curious about this but thought it would work.

Modifying your 980L to be able to use the Flat Top batteries is extremely easy.

There is no spring on the driver, it is just a flat copper pad which makes contact with the button at the top of most batteries.

You can heat the spot in the center of the driver pad and melt on a drop of solder to make a button there that will contact the flat top of the battery.

Or you can do what I do, cut a metal button out of copper or aluminum and solder that to the center of the contact pad on the back of the driver. Just be sure that the button is smaller than the wrapper on the battery and that it is centered so that other batteries that have the button on them will still work and make good contact.

The solder or copper button should be just thick enough to be thicker than the wrapper that covers the end of the battery.

Well, I just sent a PM to Rev. Jim. I hope he still has some.

Is there no such thing as a cheap, casual trip to these forums?

the word is cheapER

Well, not really. Hi-Maxes have similar price (about $5,25 shipped each) when you buy 12 of them, Xtar 2600 are significantly more expensive.

Yay, I recieved my eight Tenergys, ten unprotected Panasonics from Rev Jim and my little power supply boxes. I also recieved a package from Solarforce with a couple of their 18650s in it. Wow twenty batteries in one day.

I thank everybody in this thread for their input. I feel fortunate for what I just recieved.

Marathon charging party time!

Have four more coming my way :slight_smile:

How about a review of the power supply? :)

OK, give me a couple of days to play with it.

Here's a little review teaser. One box seems to be working fine, the other one I fried.

Hah, ill be waiting for the review!

So I accidently ordered 4 of them WITHOUT protection. They arrived today and 3 of the cells came in at 3.7-3.8 volts but 1 is 2.79volts. The 2.79 battery concerns me should I just toss it out? As a matter of fact I might just toss them all out since they are un-protected :(

Contact the seller and tell him you accidentally ordered the wrong ones. I'm sure he will consider exchanging them. Not sure about shipping, doesn't hurt to ask before you toss them.

im sure someone will buy them in the wts forum too.

I purchased 4 of the protected Tenergy 18650 batterys with two of them @ 3.77v one @ 2.7 and one @.02 V!!!

I have an Xtar WPII charger and of course the 3.77V batterys charged right up. I charged and discharged the 2.7V battery twice before it charged properly.

The .02V battery was headed for the trash but thought I'd play with it first. I started the charge cycle 4 or 5 times before it would charge for an hour or so. A few more tries and the battery read 2.XXV then 3.XXV but it wouldn't charge over 3.7 or 3.8V So I started discharging the battery to 3.5V between charges. After 3 or 4 cycles of this the battery seems to be fine.

All of the Tenergy batterys seem to be fine with 3 of them @4.19V and one @4.18V after 5 days of storage.

I think the Xtar WPII charger is great