They are back Tenergy 18650 4@$14.99 delivered

Email the seller and tell of the problem with the bad battery. I bet they will send replacement.

I went ahead and put them all on my chargers out on my deck. That was 2 1/2 hours ago all batteries are cool to the touch at the moment. Just checked the "bad one" and its now at 4.02v. I'll let the charger cycle off and let the battery rest for a few hours before try it in one of my lights

I've posted in that thread a few times. I have one of the 2s2p units but it refuses to charge my iPad2. I am trying it now in "trickle" charge mode (ipad off, plugged into charger) but I'd rather get it to charge at the full 2.1A. I wonder if it just won't give out the needed 2.1A and so it won't make the ipad happy? Let me know how yours goes.

BTW, protected cells fit fine in mine (though tight) but I use unprotected cells because I got 20+ of them free from ripping open laptop batteries.

I've used unprotected cells for years (RC). They really are not that dangerous. Sure they can cause problems, but so can a car, or bad piece of meat.

You could use them in one of those battery boxes like was just mentioned. Those have protection built in.

BTW these guys are excellent sellers, he just replaced a bad cell for me (a 17500 I think).

So all 4 Tenergy's are fully charged with no problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact even on my cheap chargers they barely got above room temperature! Did some tailcap testing and compared them to my month old Xtar 2600's. The host light was a 501B DD XM-L 3-mode

Xtar A: 2.59a

Xtar B: 2.75a

Tenergy A: 2.87a

Tenergy B: 2.88a

Tenergy C: 3.02a!!

Tenergy D: 2.94a (this was the "bad one")

Pretty interesting - all were charged to 4.15v with the exception of the Tenergy C which checked in at 4.21v

I'll check the voltage again in the morning but I am inclined to think that all 4 Tenergy's are good?

I would second that bet

Received , charged, and modified the 980 and working great.

Got 4 on Friday but was at scout camp with my grandson. 3 were at 3.74, on was at 3.51. Have the 3.5 on the charger now may not have it fully charged before bed. My cheap charger is slow;-) Will probably take a week or so for me to be sure but I'm pretty sure that these are going to be great batteries! Put one of the 3.74 batteries in my C1 and it pulled over 1.5a. About the same as an Xtar at 4.04!

Thanks for letting us know Willie. I think these were a great buy. Fast ship as well!

Wade

Thanks Willie

BTW, all 8 of mine had 3.5V but took a long time to charge the first time on my Xtar WP2 V2 charger.

I am very happy with how they are running after a few weeks of use.

So far these seem like a fantastic deal to me. Did my first test last night with the cell that came at the lowest 3.5 v. It fully charged in my charger to 4.12 and did not sag after an hour. Will pull a tad more than the Xtar 2600 in my KE-1 2.15 vs 2.05 on the Xtar.

The mid mode test on my KE-1 went as follows. Initial Voltage 4.11 (Amp tests brought it down .01 before starting.) Initial draw 987 mA. Ran 1 hr waited 20 min Voltage was 3.82 and mA draw was 781. Ran another hour waited 1/2 hour voltage was 3.73 and draw was 701 mA. Ran another hour and it dropped out of regulation. Ran it for about another 20 minutes before letting it rest and checking voltage. Voltage after rest was 3.04. My guess is that the light drops into low at 3 V. Averaging the starting mA each hour and totaling it up I came up with 2075 mAh. (Without counting the extra 20 minutes.) I think I am likely selling the battery short with this method. I bet it held closer to 700 till the very end when it dropped to 200 and therefore the 450 mAh for the last hour was probably quite short of what it really put out.

In the end it was pretty close to my Xtar test. Wasn't as careful for that test and even though I rated it at 3.6 hr instead of the 3 hr in this test, It may have dropped out much closer to 3 hrs and I just let it run as I was satisfied with the output at the time. Trying to get a bit more accurate as I go along.

Can't confirm the protection circuit yet. Might try later for low. Ran it down to 3.74 the first night. The next AM it bounced back to 3.01 -- whatever that may mean. Ran it for at least another 1/2 hr -- don't remember for sure - and let it keep getting dimmer. When it got down to around the output of my 2 AA mini-mag with fresh batteries I turned it off. Voltage was down to 2.64. Isn't protection supposed to be 2.5? In any case, I put it back on the charger and it will likely take 8 - 10 hrs or so to get it fully charged. Will try one of the others tonight.

This was also the first charge cycle on a the lowest arriving cell I received.

At $15 shipped -- recieved within a week! -- it seems to me that these are an incredibly good deal!

Hope this wasn't too boring and if anyone wants to add more enlightenment for me I would appreciate it! Trying to learn this stuff and I think this was a reasonable assessment that at least the batteries are not junk;-)

Thanks again Willie

Gen1.3 was the original poster of this deal in an earlier post that caught my attention. I just spread the word. I have bought one charger and several batterirs from marrsinc. Not everything is a good deal but there are many bargans as Boaz has stated. I do check the new listings for buys and the best ones go FAST!

I just bought this deal a few days ago, and they are currently on their way. Should be here by Saturday the 12th. I'll check them all out then. I have two of these cells already from another ebay seller, sikeston34m , and those are legit too. He has a deal where you can buy any number you want, and make an offer. So, that's not too bad either once these from marrs inc. are all sold out. But for now, I have enough 18650's, it's just that these Tenergy's are such a solid cell for the money they go for, it's hard to pass up, you have to get them while you can and keep them on hand.

I haven't had the time to play with these things too much, but here is a quick impression.

They arrived at my shop via USPS at the same time Rev. Jims Panasonic unprotected 18650s did. So I do a quick voltage test on four batteries and decide their good to go into the black power supply. As I install the cells, something glows very bright and poof, a little smoke.

Here's a pic..

As you can see the white and the black ps are wired the same, but the + and - markings are different. So sixty seconds into getting my grubby little paws on some unproteced cells, I fry something. The bridge wire connecting the two brass contact plates on the negative side burned in two. A little soldering and everything is working.

After that little melt down, things started going a little better. I have been charging my LG Revolution and my dumb work phone with both of the power supplies and they are working great. I haven't had a chance to really check out its efficiency and how many times it can charge my 3000mAh Revo battery.

The ps is charged through its micro usb port and the ps charges my phone through the usb port. It comes with no cables, just the bare bones ps box. When the ps is charged fully and the green light comes on, its voltage is 4.19VDC.

The most interesting thing is the lock out circuit utilized. If you look on the picture above you will see the red wire coming off the + side of the batteries to the pcb. Where the red wire attaches to the pcb there is a momentary reset switch that needs to be pushed any time that the batteries are all removed. It was a bit confusing the first time I tried to use it.

So all in all, for twelve bucks, I'd say they are nice little emergency power supplies.

Thanks for starting this thread willie and sorry for the threadjack.

Actually enjoyed reading about this gizmo may have buy one.

So are these Tenergys protected or not??

The ones with the black end are unprotected.

Thanks!

awesome, might have to buy one of these :)