Thorfire vg-10 modded "pocket rocket" edc

Nice! Both lights have great throw and a nice beam for sure.

ld-3 17mm drivers for c8 and possibly s2+, and the fx6 22mm for the x6.

You have some nice components on the way! Keep us updated.

Yes sir! Will do!

You will have to make the driver fit by shaving out the sides of the X6.

well I might use the 17mm ld-3 then! The ld-3 is 18 euros though. Does the x6 have adequate cooling? For an xhp50 or 70? the reason I might choose the xhp50 though is because of smaller footprint and half lower price than xhp70.

Cooling may be okay but it wont be great. The X6 does have good cooling but its a fairly small light.

You will have to fit the emitter inside the reflector also.

hm some extra copper plate maybe ?

I saw Dale made a triple xhp70 x6, wow just insane 13k lumens. All of his x6’s must get toasty quickly though.

I think it should do fine stock depending on the amps. You will probably run out of battery before it gets to hot lol.

The cooling on the X6 is as good as the C8

haha, like a 10 second lightshow and then battery is dead lol. I wonder how much runtime the xhp50 will have? Will it be practical?

This torch and a triple xpl X6 are my most used lights. I love the form of the X6

5amps? The battery is like 800mah? maybe about 10 minutes on high you will lose output quickly so the battery will drain less current as the light gets dimmer.

almost the 10 second lightshow then huh? Sounds very bad to me. Aren’t there any higher capacity smaller cells than the 18350/16340? They seem to be max 800ish mah?

Yea about 800mah max i think. Also the higher capacity you go the less likely you are to get a high drain cell 18350s are your best bet. You could also look into getting a boost driver and running a single 18650 but it wont be as bright.

yeah or make a small battery bank made of smaller batteries together.I made one battery out of 18650 lg s3 laptop cells, and put it in a big zoomy light, locked zoom for flood, 2x xml2’s in parallel.

I think the appeal of these smaller lights with big output is more for show then use. Its cool but not so practical.
Same goes with triples and quads.
This is why we have lights like the L6 and S70 or even your SRK big output and good run times.

yeah have some thinking to do now lol. I’ll keep trying different things I guess. Hey how about a 7x xhp50 skyray king?

You could always go with an Ultrafire F13 they fit 26650s so you can use 26350s they are half the size of 26650 and offer 2000mah capacity? I will also add i think the F13 fits your 22mm driver.

Hopefully some one reads this can can chime in on there run times they get from a small XHP50 flashlight?

Also check out the BLF driver boards people on here design driver and upload the schematics to OSH park so you can get the board printed and add the components. I have soldered 7135 in the past its not for me i dont have steady hands lol.

Type in BLF in the search.
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects