Thought I'd got a bargain X8 clone..... I didn't

So a little bit ago I made a thread asking if any one had any input on a Keygos Z14 - X8 clone zoomer and shame on you as no one replied :_( . So I decided to be a guinea pig and get one with a view to giving a little review on it when it arrived.

Well it arrived today, 12 days after I ordered it it’s in my hands so thumbs up for quick delivery to the UK.

Now on the the ebay item I bought the description/title said zoomer but the pictures were of an x8 non zoomer clone so I was not entirely sure which I would get, well it turned out to be an x8 non zoomer clone and that should have made this a really good buy as it was only £10.

But that all changed as here’s what I found at the head.

Rubbish basically, the pill doesn’t even touch the head as it is pushed upwards when it is all screwed in and so only touches the reflector and even that is via a plastic spacer so the heatsinking is crap due to this.

check jamesearljonesisascab’s trustfire x8 review to see what it should be Review: Trustfire X8 XM-L T6 5 Modes

looks ok here

and here

wtf!

seriously wtf!

any one think of any way to improve this?

What the pill doesn’t screw in anywhere and is only held in place with the reflector ?

If that’s the case that’s seriously wtf!

edit I’ve just checked the review thread and it looks like there’s an entire chunk of alu missing from inside the head

right so has any one got any cheap ideas on how to improve the heat sinking on that? or know any where I can get the proper x8 screw in reflector from?

only thing I can think of so far is to butcher an old cpu heatsink but I would prefer something a bit easier tbh

Wrapping it in copper might help.

Can't you return it to the seller? If they won't replace it open a PP complaint and get your money back. That light is missing a serious component. :Sp

Don't waste your time trying to rig something.

may be in luck as just had a reply from trustfire about buying a reflector, just need to wait till after the holiday they are all on and hope the price is reasonable

I got a £4 refund which means I only paid £6 for it which is ok