Thread Hijacking & Ignore button

Blf has alwaysd been light hearted and fun ..

Thread hijacking has always set this place apart from the rest

I can remembered Mr Admin.s response last time to the same type question ...It was

who turned out the lights ...

I’ve already listed 2. I could find more but it’s not worth my time IDing hijackers, IMO should just grow up or afford some manners.

Two? There’s only one link in your op and its not for a light recommendation, its a suggestion for dealing with trolls.

I’m with boaz, I’ve not seen a thread where someone wanted a light rcommendation and the thread got hijacked first.

I don’t understand. Are you suggesting that I grow up and learn some manners? I think I was pretty respectful when I asked for an example or two of what. specifically, you were talking about.

And Gords is correct, you didn’t provide an example of a member asking a question and getting only silliness in return with the OP link.

It's the way the forum was before I got here ...and it hasn't ever changed .I think it's what makes this place different and gives it it's charm .

almost any question you need an answer to is on the internet or already answered in the forum .

No one tells you to "just google it " instead you get a picture of a peguin trying to hump a pumkin.I think the former is rude and the latter cute.

Because someone starts a thread doesn't mean they own it . I'm offended by those who think they do .They don't get the right to tell people how to respond .

the only time i think i own a thread is when i start it, then i blow it WAY off topic.

thread in question… my alternative fuel camp stove thread. i some how managed to get it to gas powered blow torches

oh and it has been too cold to play with my alcohol stoves. they just kind of simmer out with out the jets going… this spring i will get back at it. my older 70s or 80s coleman dual fuel is going to my dads tomorrow. i am setting it up with the propane adapter for him. he broke his leg and is setting up camp in his garage until it is healed up. he goes in for surgery monday to have a plate and pins put in.

Sorry to hear about your pop ..

Yes it got deleted. It went like this: Olight thread - Troll fest- Bunfight- Gone!

In all fairness it ended up as two members personally attacking each other, funny as it was for a while I suppose it got a bit wild.

Funny thing is C- channel, you said something much earlier in the thread and I questioned what you meant by it, nothing personal of course, I was just not sure about the Wallbuys sale. Anyway what you said turned out to be a bit of insight I guess after the reservation thing.

Marc.

I thought this is the shoutbox!!

I tried out burger king when i went to Copenhagen, Denmark and i must say it’s better than McDonalds (still worth nothing but hey let’s not be to gastronomical)

Me too, Pulsar. Just curious, why does he have to stay in the garage?

Yeah, a fight broke out in that thread and quite a few were getting dragged into the argument. The best option to cool tempers was removing it. Sorry about that.

thanks guys. his house is a large 4 bay garage with 10’ walls, and his “house” upstairs. im assuming he doesnt want to be stuck up all those stairs the whole time. the garage has a 37” hdtv with satalite, hes got radiant heat in the floor, and a full bathroom…. so he should be pretty comfortable lol

Holy crap, his garage sounds nicer than my whole place…
Hope he heals up good and quick.

yeah, he has quite the bachelor pad setup for himself

wait, whats this thread about :zipper_mouth_face: sorry

I do believe it is about the many benefits of thread hijacking.

LOL If I weren’t such an amatuer I would find this offensive. But being that I am. I’ll look at it as constructive critism. But thanks for noticing my pics.

I’ll do you a deal. Send me all the items you want photographing along with a number of self addressed envelopes. I’ll get my pro photographer mate to take the pics and as an added bonus I’ll let you enjoy my coin collection.