THROWER Beamshots - 750m

Just to prove my point and this one on man exposure at 1.4 sec shutter f3.2 and ISO 400 is probably a little bit on the overexposed side but 1.2 sec usually underexposes the image. But nonetheless this was taken at right at 370yds. Now I didn’t zoom in much but I did that to let you see how far the barn is. Don’t concentrate so much on the white barn but the plant growth in front of it. At 400yds you would have trouble even seeing it.

Well I’m glad you chimed in. I’m guessing around 240m.

Andi can you re-measure the distance? These are good pics though. sehr gut! thank you.

If you look between the electric pole and the first ground tie cable in front of the truck, you will see the bushes or weeds I’m talking about.

You can see more clearly what I am talking about here on my big halogen 120 watt spotlight at 350yds.

And I doubt if this light will throw 750 meters.

I think the 700 yard and 400 yard beamshots are switched, that’s all.

Even 700yds which is 2100ft is farther than most production flashlights will carry and actually light up objects to where you can clearly see them. Sure some lay claims to 700 meters of throw, but seeing it live where I live is another story.

I think these are the 750 meters.

I don’t think it’s even close.

750 meters is more than double double this distance. There’s about 80yds between poles to put that in to perspective.

Some people don’t know how far that really is.

yeah comparing the grünes Scheusal pics...

that one Tecmo linked @410m (mouse out) seems like a vastly different distance than the one on this thread (mouse over)

(mouse over) Looks like the light is going to burn the trees if you hold it there for long. Got to wear these at night.

5 second exposure? Light sabers brighter that Star Wars? C’mon now… That’s like saying the latest rover on Mars captured a photo of bugs bunny.
Lights are great, but overexageration too?

Oh yeah I forgot the exposure…

:wink:

Yep. Heck look what just 2.8 sec auto exposure does to a Dereelight at 375yds.

Guys, Andi was talking about the cloth. Not the treetop.

Please see at far far back of the pictures there's a small speck of cloth. That looks far enough to me to be 700m.

And as you can see, the M3X didn't light it at all, as expected and in agreement with ILFL statement.

Hey, I wanna see how that AAA light performs at that distance, Andi :bigsmile:
Nice shots :wink: (that Hulk flashlight is an awesome thrower :open_mouth: )

+1 on that. iv just realised now you have said it…… well spotted :slight_smile:

The Polarion PH50 is awesome. Such a floody beam and good throw too.

Yes, take a look on a bright image, then you can see the cloth from 410m beamshots between the trees at the 750m beamshots….far away. :wink:
Beamshots were take with a IXUS 100 (cam has no real aperture) and SDM/CHDK as additional Bios for the settings. :wink:

Thanks alot for the pictures and your time…. :beer:

Excellent pics, even better lights.