ThruNite Catapult V6 XHP35 HI

I’m sorry I know nothing about the black flat, meaning I never had a desire to use or build something using it, I wouldn’t waste the time for low lumen pencil beam lights to be honest, that’s just me….

Bigger reflector!

nice work Scott, makes me want one even more!

Robo819 tested his out at 2030 lumens, wonder if that’s just emitter variation? A resister bump could really have it cranking the max beam, as long as the driver can handle it ok.

Everybody keeps confirming how impressive these are, Thrunite is on a roll! :heart_eyes:

I wish they actually produced the NW version; I was looking forward to getting it, but my order was cancelled and refunded, and I was told it wasn’t going to be made.

Just wonder how will this Thrunite Catapult V6 compare to the new upcoming Lumintop ODL20C flashlight with an advertised 860 meters of throw?

It depends on what you are looking for really as to how the Thrunite Catapult V6 compares to the Lumintop ODL20C.
I DO NOT have the Lumintop light but I do have the Thrunite and I really like it.

You get another 100 meters of throw according to the listed specs with the Lumintop , but you also get 300 grams of weight (without the cell) compared to the 192 grams on the Thrunite. There is also the length and just how small you want as the Lumintop comes in at 147mm in length and the Thrunite is 132mm in length.

The lumens output is listed at 2000 on the Lumintop and 1700 on the Thrunite , but the sample Catapult I did my review on actually is making 2030 lumens OTF , so I don’t have a clue if I got a great driver in my sample , or if they are all doing more than listed lumens.

Both have USB charging built in and both companies make really good lights. Both are priced close to the same so I am guessing it will be up to the user as to which they prefer , based on which styling they prefer mostly.

My full review on the Catapult V6 with testing charts , GIF’s , full write up and video is HERE if anyone has not seen a full review on it yet or wants to see my review.

Nice work KWB !

I’m tempted to get one now , and mod it with xhp35 hi and maybe a R018 (R008+R010) resistor …

What package is the resistor ? 1206 , 2512 or smaller ?

1206 R020 with 22awg 2” leads got me 2.36amps with the supplied Thrunite battery off the charger @ 4.21v. the LiitoKala power house 26650 will do a bit better. :wink: The driver showed no ill effects, handled it like a champ, back then.

Anything (a bit) Higher I would suggest a copper ring for the driver ground ring, heat transfers much faster, driver likes it better too.

“giorgoskok wrote: Nice work KWB !
I’m tempted to get one now , and mod it with xhp35 hi and maybe a R018 (R008+R010) resistor …”

If you stack an R008 and R010 resistor you will NOT get an R018 value, it will be R004444 (0.004444) and WAY below what you’re shooting for, might just be enough to kill your driver.

Look to the SengpielAudio Parallel Resistor Calculator for the proper values when stacking resistors…

How are you guys getting for $60? Thurnite has them for $74.00 on there website. I would have grabbed 1 if I did not already own BLF GT x 2.

BTW, pretty good throw but pales to BLF GT. Anyone done test shots against the top throwers?

Like Nitecore Tiny Monster, BLF GT, etc…

Just enter 20% in the coupon code box when you are in the thrunite cart and price drops to $59.99

mmalive said………
[quote=BTW, pretty good throw but pales to BLF GT. Anyone done test shots against the top throwers?

Like Nitecore Tiny Monster, BLF GT, etc…[/quote]

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Whole different category of lights you are talking about there really.
Kind of like comparing a C8 to the TN42 or something.

For the size reflector it has and the lumens output the Catapult V6 does very well. If you have , or are familiar with the Acebeam L16 (listed 2000 lumens with just under C8 sized head) and also uses the XHP 35 HI , then it actually out throws that one by a fair amount and has a tighter hotspot.

Although pictures taken in different seasons …… Here is the L16 at 100 yards from gate and then the V6……… also at 175 yards from big tree…………

L16 100 yards

V6 100 yards

L16 175 yards

V6 175 yards

I can’t help thinking from what I’m seeing from my T/A light tube that these are E2 binned emitters in the Cat V6. Maybe just for the first few to make a statement, shock and awe……who knows? I have many XHP35 lights, most are E2 or E4 and this little bugger is right there with some of them! :person_facepalming:

Amazing! :+1:

I know what you are saying with this.
I took one of my Maxtoch M24 that I put a dedomed XM-L2 U4 1A in and a 4.5 amp driver (up from the original 3.4 amp or so driver) and was expecting the M24 to have a lot more throw than the V6 at my 400 yard marker.
I was very surprised that the V6 is holding its own out to that distance to be honest with the M24 , but it puts just about the same amount of light on target as the M24 does at 400 yards , even though the V6 has a larger hotspot and broader spill.

Keep in mind also the M24 has a 54mm reflector in it where the Catapult V6 has around a 49 or 50mm reflector. The reflector on the M24 is also 12 to 14mm deeper than the V6.

With the tighter beam and at further distances , the M24 should start out throwing the Catapult I think , but I will have to get out to my 500 and further out markers to see what theV6 does on out there , but as I say at 400 yards the V6 is doing very well.

Here is the comparison shots taken at the same time with those 2 lights at 400 yards. First is the actual picture and the second of each is with the hotspot area enlarged , to see better the trees and white marker down there.

M24 400 yards
!
V6 400 yards
!
M24 Enlarged
!
V6 Enlarged
!

Whoa Robo, very impressive pic’s for such a small little light! :open_mouth:

Baby Giggles huh! :smiley:

“Giggles” :person_facepalming:

I’m talking about connecting them in series Dale :slight_smile:

Ah Giorgos, leave it to a Greek to turn my way of thinking upside down! (Never used series resistors before.) LOL

Y’all convinced me to revisit the Thrunite store and once again I added this V6 to the cart, only to back out one more time! I really do like this one, it’s just that it falls in between categories and there are other things I’m looking at, namely the crazy expensive Luminous CFT-90 emitter.

Thinking I will have to pull the plug on that powerhouse 90 and build a light to put it in, which would be my 8th. Probably a 4P carrier to get run time at the power levels required, or at the very least an 32650 for it’s superior capacity, then again, the 40T may be one of the only cells out there that is capable of really pushing this emitter… 3P 21700 maybe? There goes any idea of budget, $115 emitter and triple $25 cells, aaaaagghh!

I need a new (cheap) hobby….

Ordered on 19th May from HKEquipment, 60 euros shipped to Spain.

Arrived sometime around the start of June (decent!)

Great light so far, though I need to get it out in the dark to play with it more :slight_smile:

You guys are convincing to ” BUY ” this light. But Thrunite took if off website. Any leads?

Still shows to be a pre order……… Use code ….20% …… to get the 20% off thru 6-15-18.

EDIT: still only available in CW as far as I know