ThruNite Catapult V6 XHP35 HI

Congratulations.

I feel like I won a prize…lol

I should have mine in a couple of days.

On Its Way to USPS
May 8, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

EDISON, NJ 08817

I got my thrunite catapult v6 today. Thank you thrunite for the fast one day free shipping. This light is quite small. I tested the light with thrunite 26650, acebeam 26650, and shockli 26650. The lumen output were the same. So it’s good to know. This light actually cost $60, and came with the free 26650. I think it’s fair price. I got many thrunite lights and driver are very reliable. Thanks to thrunite for the great deal.

Here is is a photo comparison
lumintop odf 30
thrunite tc20
thrunite catapult v6
Manker u21

As you see I own 10 thrunite lights… my first thrunite is tn36ut. I am very impress with their user interface, driver, quality, and price. Tn36ut is still working which I bought in 2016. I will continue to support thrunite as they make great quality lights.

image hosting over 5mb

[quote=Newlumen]
As you see I own 10 thrunite lights… my first thrunite is tn36ut. I am very impress with their user interface, driver, quality, and price. Tn36ut is still working which I bought in 2016. I will continue to support thrunite as they make great quality lights.

thats a nice collection

Nice collection!

I just found out (in this thread ) the TC20 battery tube legos and works on the V6, can you try it an let us know if it makes the V6 shorter in length?

The length might depend which tailcap you use, if the tail caps also lego.

Although the diamond knurling looks pretty, in use I think I’d prefer the knurling of the TC20.

Yes… tc20 body fits on the v6 head… it doesnt make any shorter… both measured about the same length.

Mine arrived today. I like it so far. Can’t wait till night to check it out.

Looks awesome !

That was quick! Thanks for checking!

Got mine yesterday and just started playing with it today…Wow this thing is pulling some serious current! :person_facepalming:

Try this…. turn your light on, remove the tail cap ( don’t touch or turn off at the e-switch) then put the tail cap back on……Hmmm…

Then what will happened?

A huge spark and crackling sounds?

mine also came yesterday and just had to take it out last night… not used to the button procedure on Thrunite after using my 2 Astrolux and UT-02 flashlights so not used to it yet… I do like the others with a double click for turbo from scratch

I was surprised as to how small it is and the thrunite throws quite abit further than my UT-02 and also tried it alongside my Astrolux MF-02 and it is not far behind that at all very impressed so far really lighting up the trees which my Ut could not

will add a picture my Thrunite on the right and Astro MF-02 on Left

Good comparison. I came to the same conclusion that the V6 packs quite a punch for its size and yes, it's way smaller than I thought it would be too. I think Thrunite has a real winner here.

It's almost 1:00am here and I just went outside and shined my v6 on a tree about 200 yards away in turbo mode and then turned it off. I was quite amazed. Then a lady in a pick up pulls up and asks me "if I saw a that bright light too lightning up that tree" and I said, yeah, it was me testing my new flashlight. Some laughs and then she moved on. One of those times I wish I had used my dx80 instead!

I like shining my throwers from the local small bridge in my town and a few folks have commented about how far they throw LOL

i dont mention i have another 3 at home that do the same thing LOL
and just wait till my BLF GT finally shows up

haha, people love seeing how far they throw. The GT is going to cause a stir in your town!

No :smiley: nothing like that, it turns back on, so disconnecting the battery while the light is on, dose not disconnect the switch/ mcu. I thought I might have screwed it up when I was checking current draw, but it’s working fine. Break the battery tube loose while on and it will do the same thing, turns off and back on when tube has made contact. The V6 has the same UI as a stock TN42. Checked current draw using 4 Black LiitoKala 50A right off the Sky RC charger at 4.22v and about an 8amp draw. I haven’t got the V6 apart yet to take a measurement, but I want to check the current draw at the LED. I need to make a Pin Spanner to get the bezel off, I think the driver is secured from the inside, I tried with a huge pair of snap ring pliers and taped the head up as not to scratch the glass, or the bezel, but couldn’t get the bezel to budge. I like that the driver has a heavy ground ring for heat sinking the driver, it’s really got to be getting hot in Turbo mode. This thing is a little beast……….

4 LiitoKala 50A’s 26650 22-25 IR off the Sky RC Charger 4.22v

2 IJOY 26650 40A INR 28-30IR

Thrunite supplied protected battery 54IR 4.22v