ThruNite Catapult V6 XHP35 HI

Happy it didn't throw sparks Odd that the switch will not turn off, thanks for that info. Have to try that now and see if it remembers the mode it was in before breaking the tube loose. Think I read thrunite recommends not to go over 10 minutes on turbo, but mine gets hot enough that I would only run it on max for a few minutes at most.

I just got my ThruNite Catapult V6 today. I'm very pleased.

Simple user interface. Nice size -- fits well in the hand. Love the fact that it comes with a battery and built-in recharger, all for the introductory price of $60.

It's so far my longest-throwing flashlight. I also own an Olight S1 Baton (which I love) and a Fenix TK35.

Spot is fairly small and well-defined. Not as tight as a super-thrower such as the ThruNite TN42, but the head on the TN42 is almost twice the diameter of the head on the Catapult V6. I consider those super-throwers to be highly specialized lights -- good for bragging, but not so practical. The hotspot is about half the size of the Fenix TK35, and three or four times as bright. (Which is what you would expect, given the manufacturers' claims on the throw distance for the two lights.)

Color is excellent. I bought the cool white version, and I find it entirely pleasing! My guess is the color is between 4100 and 4500. It is warmer than both the Olight S1 Baton and the Fenix TK35.

For use while walking around the city, a bright spot is not as good as a flood, so I made a diffuser by cutting a 52 mm circular disk from a frosted plastic soup container lid. The little plastic disk fits right up against the glass lens of the flashlight. The diffuser disk still lets through a central hotspot, but it is much broader and less defined than without the diffuser. If I want a thrower, I just pop the disk out. Very convenient!

Isn’t there a design where a capacitor has the purpose of keeping the mode if the light is dropped or banged on the tail? I remember reading that as a mod on the q8, so that hitting it from the tail wouldn’t cause it to power off completely.

It sounds like this light has that.

My tc20 does exactly the same thing. Unscrewing the tail completely or a half turn on the head. Always remembers the last mode, to include strobe.

I received an email today confirming the shipment of my Catapult V6. Should arrive tommorrow. I can’t wait!

Interestingly, the website status still says “Awaiting Fulfillment”.

Yesterday I received my BLF GT but could not get to play with it till today… so off I went and took my new V6 with me… obviously the GT is easily going to outthrow the v6 but it still looked mighty impressive considering it is about 6x smaller

the Thrunite V6 actually blows my mind at just how powerful it is for such a small light - must add I like turbo and this thing does get hot quickly but nothing to get alarmed about
I was shining both the lights skywards when i was out playing with them and a couple out for a ride on there bikes pulled up saying WOW they are impressive and started asking questions about my lights
so was rather pleased with my first real night out with my new flashlights both highly recommended

After using mine for a couple of nights now, I’m giving it a huge thumbs up. While not as bright as the Astrolux MF02 I got last week, it’s smaller and much lighter. I’m really enjoying it.

I am glad i went with the thrunite catapalt v6 over manker u22… it is about $30 cheaper and double intensity… they are about the size…

Thrunite v6. 132mm x 58mm… 140kcd
Manker u22. 140mm x 51mm. 65kcd.

Overall, I’m thrilled with my ThruNite Catapult V6, but one thing bothers me: I can’t easily find the side switch by feel. I wish that it had a bigger tactile difference than the rest of the flashlight barrel.

Anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this?

I’m thinking perhaps I could carefully lay down a ring of Shoe Goo on the side switch. That would give the switch a raised and rubbery feel. Not sure exactly how I would lay down the Shoe Goo. Perhaps I could put the Shoe Goo in a hand-feeding syringe which I could buy at a pet store.

Thoughts?

Maybe you can add an o ring onto the switch.

free photo upload

Brilliant! Thank you! What is the best glue to affix the o-ring to the metal switch?

I can highly recommend these dampers:
https://www.amazon.com/Stop-damper-dampers-self-adhesive-transparent/dp/B06ZZWZK9D

Used a non-slip mat and wood piece to open mine, no glue just tight. Here’s what’s waiting for you inside.

Grip tape,

For my TC20 I ended up making a “donut” ring using the paper punch then a leather punch for the smaller hole.

My latest solution for locating a side switch in the dark

Kawiboy, you showed that the 26650’s were freshly charged and hitting right around the 8A draw mark, have you tried a cell that is lower, like 3.2A or less? Wondering how many amps the driver is pulling on the mostly depleted cell to maintain output… in theory it goes up even higher so maybe 11 or 12A?

Curious to see how that plays out….

Wishing I’d kept my order in…

Has anyone been able to remove the driver without destroying it yet? It’s looking glued or press fit, with no removable retaining ring. I’d love to do a narsil driver on this thing. I have the tc20 and its awesome, but a smarter driver on both lights would be icing on the cake.

So, nkresho, you’d forego the XHP-35 in order to put Narsil in? Or can Narsil run the 12V emitter at under 2.5A so it doesn’t fry? But then, wouldn’t it need 4 cells instead of one? Is there a 12V Boost driver that takes Narsil?

From what I’ve been hearing, the Catapult V6 is a pretty impressive light out of the box, wondering why change is demanded right off the top, something wrong with the UI?

My plan is to put in a XHP70.2 @12V using the original driver.
But unfortunately shipping to Germany is not possible atm.

Just measured:

Keeppower 6000 4.16V ~8.5A
Shockli 5000 3.8V ~7.4A

Not in line with what DB was thinking. Maybe run the Keeppower down to 3.5v or something and re-test with same cell?

I can probably do that later, gonna use the Catapult this evening.