Thrunite T2 turbo issue

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing an issue with turbo on this light? Even straight off the charger I can’t get turbo, I get a very brief bright flash then immediate step down to high. Unfortunately I can’t test other cells as they’re all too short. Is this a “feature” or should I request a replacement?

Use high drain unprotected cell. Problem solved.
I had the same issue with TC20.
Mike

I’m using the cell it comes with. I don’t have any longer cells to try and honestly it should work with what it comes with.

Image courtesy of Zakreviews:

It sounds like you got a bad one. My T2 works perfectly fine with the stock battery. I can't remember exactly how long but I think turbo is around a full minute or more. I'll double check when I get home.

It should, but it won’t. It’s protection circuit in cell kicks in when on turbo. Cell fault.

Mike

Just tested mine with a lux meter. Turbo mode has rock solid output for 2 minutes before any step down at all.

Ok thanks chaps, seems I’ve got an overcautious cell then.

Check and clean your contacts on both the battery, driver, and tube/tailcap. Also, bypassing the tailspring made a big difference for me.

After a while, I would find that it would drop out of turbo after a second or two even fully topped off. Cleaning the contacts and loosen-tighten of the tube/cap brought it back.

Iirc, when I first received the light, there was some anodizing on the contact face of the battery tube

Panic over :blush: . Cleaning all contacts again fixed the problem, thanks JaredM for the reminder :beer: . Bit of a rookie mistake, although I hear it suggested all the time I had cleaned it upon arrival and thought it was already squeaky clean. The tailcap was especially gritty when new so presumably there was still something left over from the initial clean. It would appear this light is better suited to unscrewing at the head anyway due to the way the threads are anodised.

All these regulated drivers are more prone to drop down when there are dirty contacts it seems.

It’s not always an obvious thing. Glad this worked!! :beer:

Would appear so, never had this problem before.

Now playing the waiting game for the postie to bring me some FC40s :slight_smile: .

:beer: :beer: