Thrunite TN36 - 3*MK-R - Flooder

this light interests me quite more than the new tm06 thats for sure

I’ll wait for the inevitable triple MT-G2 light

This is the first expensive light that has ever interested me. I always wanted a super bright super floody light.
This one seems to fit the bill. My only concern would be, I’d have to purchase a matched set of quality batteries to go with it.

On second thought, I was never here, I never saw this light :bigsmile:

when i get this, only if theres a vn version, my mm15vn will start collecting dust.

Does anyone know the deal with the groupbuy at TLF? Are people in USA eligible? Is it 170 euros or usd if you’re in USA? 170 euros isn’t much of a deal since it is still higher than the retail 200usd…

i already asked Neal for a good price for BLF members.

i hope we get a price without the need of a group buy :wink:

anxiously awaiting……

This is an interesting light and the recent "death "of my sky ray king has me looking for a new soda-can light.I seem to remember the MK-R as a very inefficient emitter for flashlight use, gonna dig up some threads to find out.

Looks like this is available - GB sure would be nice.
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tn36-shipping-from-china/

What’s that expected discount for $170 that dangerous mentioned? Is that active op?

No, that was quoted from another source. $200 is the retail price right now and I don’t know of any discounts available…

if there is a group buy I am in

Is the head glued, and how easily do the emitters come out? This should be a direct swap for the XHP70.

What would be the benefits to changing out to xhp70?
I think it can be done. Vinh has installed mtg2 in these.
Where can I buy these xhp70’s?

Wow. 12000 lumens with the xhp70’s in a tn36
Lol

so the xhp70 is the exact size of the mkr’s? if so, then it should be doable because vinh was able to replace the mkr’s with mtg2s.

but the xhp70 is much more interesting!!

I’m new to the high tech flashlight world and after waiting for a month to receive my flashlight I think I ruined it. I was very excited and while charging the 4 new 18650 batteries, I used 8-cr123 batteries. I had read that they were interchangeable, and they might be in certain situations but it didn’t work out so well here. After only a second the LEDs were flickering and I quickly unscrewed the lower section and could smell something wasn’t right. Big buildup for a quick question…. In the event I can’t send it back and have it replaced, what component should I look at trying to replace? Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated

For the record, the TN36 is a hell of a light! Mine makes 7200 OTF lumens and murders the MM15 which costs way more. The unite is also releasing a TN36UT with XHP70 emitters instead of the MKR but it only increases output by a few hundred lumens, if that.

Well you fried the driver (which part or parts I don’t know). The short answer is either take on the task of learning a lot about lights (to fix/modify it) or sell your “host” and buy a replacement and chock the balance up to experience. You have just learned what happens when you release the magic smoke out of a light. :wink: