Ti anodize failed

Video here.
Failed several times,temp too high? I bought some 9V batteries,and will try another way.

Anodize, or change color by heat treating? If you are trying to get the color change just through heat, then you are way too hot. It should never become glowing. Lightly heat far enough away where you can see the color change. Also, make sure the surface of the metal is very clean. Soak in acetone for a bit before to get all the oils off because they will spoil the surface. I think for blues you should shoot for the 550°F range.

Hey Rey,
sad to hear, yeah, why not tryingit with 9V batteries…it`s fun.
Have you seen my thread on doing it with 9V batteries? I guess if you find better ingredients than coke, yours might look even better:

Thanks, I might try it again.

Yes, knew this thread from the other forum, and I will follow the guide once the 9V batteries arrived. Thanks.

I tried sand paper to remove the grey color, it didn’t work out.

This ^. In my experience this step greatly affects how the results will look. Properly cleaned Ti would always yield me a vibrant anodization. Not doing so would normally result in a dull muddy like finish. At times I would clean the ti with nothing more than rubbing alcohol (when nothing was on hand.) Good luck.

Here’s a video that explains it a bit better. He does his with steel, but the principle is the same with titanium.

Looking forward to your updates!

Thanks for the video. at 5:00 mins, what is the box and material in it?
It stopped the steel to be touched by fire directly.

Brass and brass shavings I believe

I knew the temp was too high. :frowning:
Batteries arrived, 4 pcs.