Time for a Holiday Giveaway … or Let’s Kill the Grinch Giveaway !

Green is a nice color for a flashlight body but not in the beam . Ugly green tints are in everything from Amazon and Ali express light , Home Depot to Olights

This Holiday season we’re giving away an assortment of filters and diffusion film for your amusement . The goal is to kick the green out of Christmas .

: to enter

Simply show a picture of the ugliest green tint you own .

  • photos count as 2 entries

: If you can’t figure out how to upload a pic on BLF . you can just plead insanity and instead tell us either your favorite line in a Christmas carol or your favorite Christmas movie .

Giveaway ends New Year’s Eve .
Good luck

4 Thanks

:slight_smile:


worst beam ive ever seen :rofl:

3 Thanks

…how? What light is this? I’m trying to wrap my head around this, but having trouble. Reflector? Damaged aspheric? It’s not adding up

Oh my … that’s nasty

I smell a challenge.

Tank 007 737 bad de-dome xre

Sadly the camera is being very generous .

1 Thank

There’s no way…I recognize this room!

1 Thank

Looks like a really badly cracked or faceted lens over a laser lol

**edit, I found it!


“It’s because I’m green, isn’t it?”

EDIT:
I don’t know if the Grinch ever said that in his movie.
It’s just a funny pic/caption that’s relevant to this giveaway, though please count me out for this one. :+1:

2 Thanks

Home Alone
Keep the change you filthy animal!

Not in on this giveaway


IF22A vs HD20


IF22a vs HD12

Hahaha glad I’m memorable



here it is better focused, the beam got worse :skull:

The focal length is 7cm, hence all the chromatic aberrations

1 Thank

Now I wish I still had the stock first batch TS11 emitter. It seriously was nearly as green as the CSLNM1.F1 in my K1. Once I swapped an SFT40 into it, I either threw the emitter away or lost it. I’m thinking about which light is my ugliest green, not sure right now. I’ll have to check later today.

That is so bad that it’s almost cool.

What’s cool is the entire hotspot is super uniform in brightness, I thought my meter was broken before🤭

1 Thank

Well, the Blue FW1A Pro I got on 11/11 finally arrived, and it’s a strong contender.

I forgot how bad some Crees were. purple, bluewhite, green, and yellow all in one.

1 Thank

This one isn’t fair, but here is a garbo zoomy (free w battery purchase)

My worst beam is either a sp36 pro that I swapped to FFL 5009R @5000k

But I kinda like the clover pattern - the donut has got to go (*I plan on going through the mess of disassembling this light again to reflow the emitters a second time with some LHP531, 2 @1800k and 2 @3000k. I’m a warm light kinda fella)

Photos don’t do the ugly justice, imo

:grinning_face:


Before and after … an easy fix .

1 Thank

I’m in. Thanks for the giveaway! The greenest LED I own is a W1 green, but that one probably doesn’t count. Runner up, my piles of LH351 or SST40 that have been swapped out. I have minus green on many of my TS10 and it works great.


Here’s a pic. SFT 40 5000K vs 6500K. I forget which lights were involved and I can’t find my notes. The 6500K might be a Wurkkos TS11.