TK's Emisar D4 review

Will definitely let you know once I have the G2. Anyway, just want to show a (non-scientific and crude) comparison between the 219C 5000k 80CRI in the D4 and 219B 4000K 90CRI in the Jaxman E2L using a phone camera with Daylight WB and all other settings at Auto. As youā€™ve said, tint preference is very subjective. I like the warmer 219b, but I do not dislike the relatively cooler 219c, hahaha.

Yes straight away its easy to tell the 2nd pic is the 219b.
Here from left is a triple 219b 4500k, triple xp-g2 4000k and 219c 4000k

I love quads! D4ā€™s, one is the 219c 5000k, the quad mule is 219c 5000k, frosted quad again 219c 5000k then a 219b 4000k modded by the awesome CRX for me with the h17f driver.

does anyone know a source for spare rubber domes for the e-switch?

Nice. Are they Solarforce clips?

in the bottom pic, is that a lumintop worm next to the armytek?

Made a small presentation/review for the d4 : Review : Emisar D4 (single 18650 & quad led flashlight) :beer:

Ha ha good one :stuck_out_tongue:

Could someone please point me to a posted beam shot of the D4 XP-L HI 3A 5000K vs CW- XP-L HI V3 1A, 6500K

Many Thanks.

That is an excellent means of showing variations between leds

> Nice. Are they Solarforce clips?

Yep, with TKā€™s elbow grease applied to slightly enlarge the hole in the stainless steel ring.

Iā€™m looking for a cone shaped thing I can wrap with abrasive paper and chuck into a drill.

Even more, Iā€™m looking for some reseller smart enough to pick up a bunch of those and modify them for us.

I was once in need of a ā€œcone shaped thingā€ and ended up with a brass plumb bob from the big orange store. :wink:

Yay for not drilling through the tailcap pcb.

Nice job! I donā€™t use lanyards but I commend your bravery. :smiley:

Did you drill one hole at an angle or two holes at 90Ā° to each other?

Thx. I did 1 at an angle but I shouldā€™ve done 2 at 90 because the hole on the flat top is kinda unnecessarily long. Itā€™s ok though doesnā€™t bother me.

Nice lanyard hole. Iā€™d done that with a lot of SK68 clone tailcaps, but havenā€™t messed with the nice green one.
Wishing for a source of extra tailcaps.

ā€¦or possibly could it even be a model of Emisar, that has similar clip + proper gap to fit it in??

It would be really nice to have a deep-carry clip for the D4 which does bezel-up carry, especially if it fit in 18350 form. Something like what the Olight S10 has.

I donā€™t like bezel-up carry on most lights, but Iā€™ve found that what feels natural is to have the button end pointing up. If the button is on the front, bezel-up carry feels nicer. If the button is on the tailcap, bezel-down carry feels nicer.

So, my SF clips workā€¦ but they feel backward.

I think youā€™d have to order them directly from Hankā€¦ and theyā€™re not listed in his store. It would be nice to have spares though, in case the original dome ever gets torn or something. The soft rubber feels nice but it doesnā€™t seem like itā€™ll hold up to much abuse.

About spare tailcaps, same thing. Youā€™d have to ask Hank.

TK made my D1 blingier :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m running down a 20700 cell playing with it. lol

Many of yā€™all probably know I normally donā€™t like a complicated UI because I am very forgetful. Well, forget that! TKā€™s Anduril firmware is mindblowing! I mean it, Iā€™ve been playing with it in my D1 for the last hour and there are so many options, so many flashaholic games to play with that itā€™s just plain addictive! She must have spent Aeonā€™s developing this, but whatā€™s time when you live on the moon right? Handā€™s down the most fabulous firmware Iā€™ve ever personally witnessed in a flashlight, and remember I had Hyperion in a gold Solarforce L2P with a silver plated copper pill Long ago!

If Narsil was the one thatā€™d make you want it in every flashlight, Anduril is the one thatā€™ll make you forget you have other lights! :wink: