TK's Emisar D4 review

> No thoughts on this? Anyone?

I’ve in the past found several of exactly the same model flashlight can have parts that are not successfully interchangeable.

So I advise never to generalize about What Legoes With What — please check that thread and add what you know works (or doesn’t)

Just remember, someone else may have “exactly the same” flashlights and still find that the same parts won’t fit together.

I imagine the people doing the assembly of flashlights throw a lot of parts back into the bin with the hope they’ll eventually pull out parts that work properly together.

Am I the only one that doesn’t like the rough texture of the D4 anodising? I have the blue and I love the colour but the texture induces an involuntary shiver reaction in me.

Wondering now whether to try sanding it or sell it and buy a black one to get the smooth ano.

Been looking around for an EDC/Biking light and I’m about 2 seconds away from ordering a D4. It ticks all the right boxes - single 18650, floody, decent runtimes on mid setting, IPx8 rating, comes in colors aside from black. Only thing I can’t seem to get info on is the shock rating and how the switch handles shocks.

I used to use an ebay C8 and the mode changing whenever I hit a pothole is not ideal to say the least.

Edit: Found this review by allcool. If the D4 can survive a shotgun, potholes will be no problem lol https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/47132

Seems like there was a link, video or pics of beamshot comparisons of the D4 XP-G2, XPL HI and D1 in this thread but having a hard time finding it. Anybody happen to have it bookmarked or linked? I know the comparison was done by somebody other than TK and it showed the beams at distance on a building quite a ways away.

Thanks for any help.

Well the D4 has dual springs which seems to be a good start for a shock proof light. For enhanced pre-stress of the battery you could use a button top unprotected cell instead of flat top.

Do you mean this comparison in the Thread about the D1?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/47519/139

You can also find a comparison in the German Flashlight Forum (TLF) from Bluzie (in Alphabetical Order)

http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/lampenliste.53366/

Thank you! The first one is the one I had in mind. :+1:

@cdjaney
Here’s a video showing D4 beamshots with different LED configurations.
Multiple beamshots with descriptions of each included.

And thank you sir!

Anytime :wink:
My Cyan D4 w/XPL-HI V2 3A is getting delivered today, coming straight from Hank.
I’m looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Oh no! I’m about to receive my cyan D4 within the next few days and have been a bit worried about exactly this.
On one hand I’m glad I’m not alone and I’m not crazy, on the other I’m sad my shiny new flashlight will be unpleasant to hold.
Perhaps I can use the D4 as therapy. I didn’t use to have this reaction to rought textures…

It’s not a rough texture. It’s just not as slick as some of the painted looking lights out there. I have the blue D4 as a present for my wife, it’s really nice and not rough to the touch at all. Maybe my hands aren’t as delicate as some, but I just don’t see what the fuss is about.

Edit: I just took the Cyan D4 to my 83 yr old mom and asked if she saw any problem with the finish on this light. She felt it, said it’s matte but not rough at all, and made a sour face when I told her folks are complaining about it. So, if you are on the list of people that think this Cyan finish is too rough, you’re punier than an 83 yr old grandma with small hands (ring size 4).

@oKtosiTe
My Cyan D4 w/XPL-HI V2 3A was just delivered. She’s a beauty and the texture is so subtle, you hardly know it’s there. No stippling, etc. It’s smooth with just enough light texture for your fingerprint ridges to slight feel. A perfect texture in my opinion. The Cyan color is beautiful. The ramping interface is really nice. I believe I found my 18650 EDC!

Nice! Hank is really on to something with this Cyan, love it!

Wondering if it’d be easy to talk Hank into a nice blood red? A silver clear anodized tube. And the blue cap. :slight_smile: Red,white, and blue. Yeah baaaaby!

Yes, it is a beautiful color.
I’ll probably play with this beauty tonight. I have a spare VTC5A just in case :slight_smile:
Gonna let Hank know I received the D4. He shipped the light one day after receiving the order and quickly responded to every email.
Great light at a great price, and excellent custumer service. You can’t ask for more :wink:

Hank is da man. Some time ago I e-mailed him with a technical question about the M43. He replied within 15 minutes or so. It was something like 10 pm on a Saturday in Shenzhen…

Quick and dirty but you get the idea. :wink:

Yes,he was responding to me on the weekend and at night, shortly after I sent the emails. Amazing!
I just sent him a very nice email :wink:

Love it!
Especially with the recent events going on :wink: