TK's Emisar D4 review

The Neal’s Deals order that I received 3 weeks ago was short a grey 18350 short tube and the D1s that was sent is defective. I realize(from what I have heard here) Neal has been busy but he has not replied to any of my emails trying to sort things out. It shouldnt take much time to reply letting customers know you are at least aware there is a problem with their order but it has been 2 months since I ordered and still no response or solution offered. In hindsight, I should have ordered from the US (Mtn) instead and avoided the ‘problems’ that ordering from China causes.

I was about to order a D4 earlier this week, I am happy I put it off until yesterday.

The colored D4Ti are beautiful but I went with the raw version.

Also, anyone else notice there was no option to order a pocket clip?

Not this size maybe and not 1500lm, but according to some reviews, the Wuben TO46R (1x18650) can make about 5 minutes @ 1300 lumens! Only then it steps down!

It’s a titanium alloy, TC2 (got this from Hank).

Heh, well lately it’s been close to –30C here. I tried my Astrolux S42 Nichia (which normally gets very hot very fast), and I don’t think it got much above the freezing point. Warm enough that my hands didn’t freeze to it, but not much warmer.

I wonder how the D4 would perform in extreme cold? Max output until the battery dies?

This review has it stepping down much sooner. It almost did 5m in a bowl of water though…

Also, user maukka did a test and the LED was not 90CRI in at least the one he tested:

This does not inspire confidence. I ordered a D4 with 18350 tube and two batteries on the 11th from Neal. Not worried when it gets here but 2 months without contact! I should have waited as well, three days ago, when MTN emailed me that the D4’s where back in stock. Then of course the Ti’s came out in color lol. I have shipping conformation on the GT but nothing on my D4. I’ll give it 6 to 8 weeks :smiley: Neal’s up to his neck with GT’s lol :laughing:

That’s one of a couple of reasons i sometimes think living in USA would be better.
Stuff and shipping is much cheaper than here and stuff is available within USA.

This. Is. Cruel.

Y’all know by now I’m a total nut for Titanium and Copper. Killin me. Must. Resist. Must. Pay. Bills. First.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh!

Yup I saw it! But also saw: RobertB review on it: [Quick Look around] Wuben TO46R

And also: NEW Wuben TO46R Triple XP-G3 90CRI

So there are some things pointing to it holding the lumens, others that don’t!

I thought about this light while I was deciding for the D4. I opted for the D4 and I don’t regret on it!!! :smiley:

I lowered the thermal max configuration for about 52ºC. It holds very well, specially in cold outdoor enviroment. And the luminous output, even being slightly lower than the max (at 71ºC) is great, as I posted in some threads above (with a NOT full 18650 battery):
70m / 70m / 17 m

40m / 50m

:laughing: :+1: I know! I just got done buying 6 flashlights and 8 sets of batteries and then they drop this bomb :person_facepalming: Got to have the blue and purple one :smiley:

I feel your pain :smiley:

Kinda like he’s robbing Peter to pay Paul if your problem is not GT related

Hmm… Frankly, i think the aluminum versions look better.
I don’t like the knurling on the batt. tube in particular, but the Ti 18350 tube doesn’t have that, which looks a lot better (i.m.h.o.)

Frankly, i think this rather sucks…
I contacted Neal in 3 different ways ( 2 email addresses and a PM via BLF).
No reply yet…

How long does it take for Neal to ship out orders ? i bought one D4 2 days ago still says Processing… i asume the priority now is the BLF gt or ? because its weird i emailed him before and asked if d4 is availble to ship out quick and he said yes so idk….

It took 8 days for my D1S to be shipped (ordered on Dec 7th, shipped out on Dec 15th).
I ordered 2 NiteCore TINI and a D4 nearly two weeks ago, and they haven’t been shipped out yet. He’s been on his honeymoon + dealing with the GT, so things are going to take a while. Hopefully the orders are not neglected entirely, though!

Hi and Happy new year… soon…

Hank is out with his Emisar D4Ti

Have a look: https://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4ti-high-power-flashlight-p-927.html

Those Ti D4 look good but decorative ano on TI is typically very short lived and rubs off easily, if used those ano one will look trashed in no time, this has been the case with any piece of decorative anodized titamium gear i ever had, just a heads up. :beer:

So with the D4 (aluminum and titanium versions), D1 and D1S hitting the streets, I wonder when we will hear more details about the D7?

That’s the one that excites me the most out of all of these lights.

Anyone have any news?