TK's Emisar D4 review

On a serious note, its hard to choose just one they look so good. I have to wait because I have purchased this month alone, 6 flashlights 10 18650’s and 4 14500’s. If my 180 Lincoln welder sells on Craigslist then I’ll purchase a set of the New color D4’s. The wife is not happy with me right now :person_facepalming: But I am :stuck_out_tongue: The couch is not so bad :cry: The copper and titanium just bring the D4 to a hole new level for me. I’m sure the first batch will sell out fast! :frowning:

The couch is not so bad? Seriously?
:beer: :+1: :money_mouth_face:

I was warned if I purchase one more it’s couch city for me :person_facepalming: So I’ll have a buddy order it for me :stuck_out_tongue: :beer: :beer:

Added - Neutral White - XP-L HI V2 5D, 4000K

Lol
Watch out, he might get the flashlight disease as well, it’s contagious you know :smiley:

Its funny you mentioned that :laughing: He has already ordered several lights that I had him order for me in the past :laughing: Highly addictive :heart_eyes: I often here the phrase, I hate you :laughing: :innocent:

That’s a good question. on the site , Intl-outdoors, it shows. • Titaninum bezel, switch ring, battery tube, and tailcap.

Yep…
I wonder what the person that ordered it (plus 2x green D4 18350 tube plus 2x clip) got in the mail…

It’s usually a Titanium alloy.

What’s your verdict? Is the D4 a highly efficient flashlight?
Can it hold 1500lm constant brightness level?

I don’t see any constant brightness regulation except for at 500lm level.

Is the Ti version running the Anduril firmware? Or is it still the same Ramping OS V2 firmware?
Thanks!

Cost $88 Australian dollars for Cyan XP-L HI V2 5D + 18350 tube delivered.

the over $100 seems a bit odd.

looks to be about $145 for the same options for the D4ti tho, cant work out what hurts more my wallet or arse, both are taking a a pounding. either way happy with my purchase.

the titanium not gonna wick away the heat tho, kinda like my s41 is better with aluminium rather than the stainless tube.

Hank once stated to me in an email that he has no intention of changing the firmware anytime soon. As much I’d like to have a factory installed andúril (flashing seems to be escaping my grasp) it is a sound business decision.

There is no light this size that can do 1500lm without a timer or temperature step down. On a freezing night with gloves on, maybe?

The Neal’s Deals order that I received 3 weeks ago was short a grey 18350 short tube and the D1s that was sent is defective. I realize(from what I have heard here) Neal has been busy but he has not replied to any of my emails trying to sort things out. It shouldnt take much time to reply letting customers know you are at least aware there is a problem with their order but it has been 2 months since I ordered and still no response or solution offered. In hindsight, I should have ordered from the US (Mtn) instead and avoided the ‘problems’ that ordering from China causes.

I was about to order a D4 earlier this week, I am happy I put it off until yesterday.

The colored D4Ti are beautiful but I went with the raw version.

Also, anyone else notice there was no option to order a pocket clip?

Not this size maybe and not 1500lm, but according to some reviews, the Wuben TO46R (1x18650) can make about 5 minutes @ 1300 lumens! Only then it steps down!

It’s a titanium alloy, TC2 (got this from Hank).

Heh, well lately it’s been close to –30C here. I tried my Astrolux S42 Nichia (which normally gets very hot very fast), and I don’t think it got much above the freezing point. Warm enough that my hands didn’t freeze to it, but not much warmer.

I wonder how the D4 would perform in extreme cold? Max output until the battery dies?

This review has it stepping down much sooner. It almost did 5m in a bowl of water though…

Also, user maukka did a test and the LED was not 90CRI in at least the one he tested: