TK's Emisar D4 review

If you haven’t yet heard from Neal, I don’t think your light has shipped. You should contact him via Facebook or open a PayPal claim to remind him! Some users have been waiting since November without any luck, so I think it’s better to do this sooner than later.

day 42 and still waiting!

I ordered my nichia d4 from int outdoor. Don’t recall waiting too long for it, but I am pretty patient and relaxed. Can’t get in the Amazon prime mentality when it comes to this hobby.
Love the light, Q8 and this are my faves.

I agree. If he can hire someone to deal with his wife, that would free up a lot more time for him to handle his business.

weird question but what kind of switch is that?

i ask because i had a manker U11 with a similar looking switch it failed because the rubber cap came off.

from the top, the whole assembly was :

rubber cap [external],

pressing on mylar dome, containing

steel snap-dome, shorting

2 contact points on switch body, soldered to ckt board

when the rubber cap came off, i could not get it back on

it would not go back inside the hole,

i could not get the driver out to put it back from the inside,

and i could not glue it on, due to slippery and flexy silicone rubber material

i tried to keep using the light, by ignoring the missing rubber cap, and pressing on the mylar dome,

but that came off too in about a week and the little steel thing was lost, now the light is useless

does this light have the same arrangement? wle

Image shamelessly stolen here:

thanks

any clue how the rubber thing stays in the hole?
(i assume it is bigger than the hole, but is it also glued in?)

what keeps the little dome thing attached to the lower part?

if the rubber thing comes out, can you take the light apart and put it back from the back side?

wle

Guys, how should this Emisar D4 compare in practice with the Eye of Sekhmet lamp, with its 260,000 candela actual output, reviewed at Eye of Sekhmet Flashlight Review. An Unusual USA Made Monster Thrower. - YouTube ?

There are ambiguities in the lumen rating and so I wanted to understand how you appreciate what the difference would be. I have the Emisar D4 already so would like to understand how the Eye of Sekhmet should compare. (And the EoS is way costlier.)

candelas are ‘brightness’
lumens are ‘total light’

same lumens in half the angle/area is twice the candelas
so it is a function of throwiness(lower candelas) vs throwiness(higher candelas)

wle

There’s a metal retaining ring that fits over the button to keep it in place. I don’t know if the ring is press-fit or if it has threads. Someone who has disassembled it would know.

Given that there are no notches for an unscrewing tool, my guess would be press-fit.

It is press fit.

ok - better than the manker: they just stuck the button flange behind a smaller hole and hoped it would not come out

prob wasn;t waterproof either

or maybe they used some glue (that failed for me)

wle

Do you have his Facebook link page?
No response after 6 emails.
My order still not received (order from 4 Nov…)
Very poor after sale service… I hope GT shipment will be done or I will open PayPal dispute

You can find him on the Flashlight Fanatics page on Facebook. Just search for Neal Zhang. However, I’d recommend opening a PayPal dispute instead, in the event that you do need to escalate (and the dispute begins as an innocuous buyer-seller interaction anyway). November 4th is more than 2 months ago… quite ridiculous, in my opinion!

OK thanks you
I’ll go with PayPal

I will give it till Mid January then I’ll contact Neal on Facebook. All in all with the GT being such a big hit :stuck_out_tongue: and getting married I’m sure he is still up to his ears with orders. I’m sure its on its way to me by now. :+1:

Ordered the D4 on dec30. It shipped out jan7. Thats only about a week.

I hope there isn’t any unfortunate personal backstory behind that thought. Usually a partner is a source of joy and support, not a chore to deal with. Imagining the latter kinda makes me want to go back to bed and try to forget.

Oh well, I thought it was funny. But, point taken.

It was. I think someone missed the joke entirely or is in a very bad mood.