TK's Emisar D4 review

I bought two VTC-5As for mine and two Aspire 18350s.

Li-Ion Wholesale:

Chris

That’s where I purchased My Aspire 18350’s also. Ordered them when I ordered the D4 a week ago. I have already received my 18350’s. Hank did send a shipped notification email today. I didn’t receive a tracking number even though I paid the extra 2 bucks for it. :person_facepalming: I emailed hank. We’ll see how that goes.

I Don’t think there is a better 18350 cell on the market at this moment. Im going to try the Sony 18650VTC6 when they get here also.

Agree with the Aspire 18350s.

I already use them in a 3Tronics modified triple XP-L HI Convoy S2+ L2-D build that Ven sent me a year back.

Don’t think that they’ll do as well in the D4 with 18350 body, but what the hell, we only live once.

I got the 219C D4 version, so after reading this thread, I’m just going to have to watch the Turbo mode, regardless.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Chris

I have several 16340 lights I would love to bore out for the aspire 18350, but there’s not enough meat on the tube’s. They would probably be so thin if dropped they might break. Looking for a 18650 light I can cut down and thread back to make a shorty. Got a few on the way to play with. I’m building a flashlight completely around the aspire. That’s not the usual way to do things but I like the battery.

ordered my D4 from neal on nov 27 still waiting for any info!

That’s pretty alarming, considering I made an order from him on Dec 8 and received it long ago. Maybe your order has been entirely forgotten.
I’d considering opening a dispute as some others have already done so.

Any change they will be making a d4 in orange ??? Or d7 in orange?

Ordered mine from Neal on the 11th. I’ll wait til mid January before I make an inquiry. I have a feeling I’ll see it this week :smiley: I hope :person_facepalming:

Thank you for the info. I got a couple Keeppower 1200mah 18350’s coming with the D4. I’ll have to try the Aspire cells and I like the price of the purple Efest 14500 for my SP10B, EDC05 and K01 lights. :+1:

Supposdly KP 1200 are Aspire 1100 inside haha

u should buy from intl outdoor, mine is shipped fast and goes route via England from china that fast so hopefully i get my d4 this week.

https://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4-high-power-led-flashlight-p-921.html

*January 7 07:21
In transit - Arrived at the waypoint
HEATHROW
January 6 14:45
In transit - Departed waypoint
HONGKONG
January 6 08:30
HONGKONG
January 5 15:00
In transit - Arrived at the waypoint
HONGKONG
January 5 09:58
Shenzhen,China *

Does anybody know what the weight difference between the regular aluminium version en de Ti version is?

Unfortunately anything shipped from outside Europe that is over 25$ has to go through customs with duty, VAT, Post Office commision, …. it becomes costly and takes a lot longer to get. :cry: When shipped within EU like f.e. from NKON it is duty-free, fast and simple.

Hi niraya!
I ordered my D4 from Neal some time ago! I can’t remember exactly but it arrived in few weeks, I guess through Post NL and had no complications in customs! It passed there, of course, but I didn’t have to pay anything! And it also had batteries inside!!

Maybe your country is different and has tighter “laws”, of course, but maybe you can give it a try! Either from Hank or from Neal, as from MTN will be more expensive!

What I meant was that the Luxeon V’s have factory absolute maximum rating of 4800mA DC forward current, so they are not so hard driven if you put four them in a D4.
They do pull a bit more than 20A, the one I have draws 22.4A on a Sony VTC6.

Per International Outdoors’ product pages:

Aluminum D4: 64g
Titanium D4: 126g

Basically it weighs twice as much.

FYI After 2 months, I finally got a response from Neal’s camp(not Neal) about my defective D1s. The light’s clicks were completely unpredictable and even after thinking it was off, it actually came on(in turbo) the other night while I was sleeping so the only way I can be sure it is off is to remove the batteries. I had already supplied all the details about the light’s unpredictable behavior over 3 weeks ago but their email was simply the stamped response “can you send a video” …… Are these people really that dumb or do they just enjoy jerking our chains.

Thanks. That’s still a lot less (236g) than the full copper X5. The Ti might be a nice EDC :slight_smile:

The copper BLF X5 is pretty, but it’s not particularly practical. It’s heavy and has a small battery.

The titanium D4 seems much more practical, at half the weight and 4-5 times as much battery capacity. Totally different beam type though… the X5 is more similar to an Emisar D1. I haven’t really used an X5 since the D1 showed up.

Haven’t ever really used the X5 due to weight and capacity lol…