TK's Emisar D4 review

Does anyone have the diameter of the D4 lens?

I pulled mine out of my backpack to find a crack down the middle of the glass, I must have dropped my bag on tiles or it landed awkwardly or something.

I work away from home for weeks at a time so dont have the ability to measire it, as it still works so I’m reluctant to open it up.

Any lens measurements or links to buy replacements greatly appreciated!

Bummer! I would contact Hank: https://intl-outdoor.com/ and ask if he sells the lens separately.

Optic is a standard 24mm Carclo Quad I think.

Lens diameter is probbably the same, though I haven’t measured.

My D4 lens measures 25.5mm in diameter, and 1.5mm or 1.6mm thick.

And you could go fancy and buy a sapphire lens: 8.88€ 8% OFF|SL 150 1.5mm Sapphire Cyrstal Horloge Glas 23mm 23.5mm 24mm 24.5mm 25mm 25.5mm Sapphire horloge Glas voor Dame Horloge|watch glass|sapphire watch glassglass for watches - AliExpress

Thank you all! I’ll see what I can find! This is the first lens I’ve had break, perplexed as to how it happened but shouldn’t cost too much to fix :+1:

Upgrading my D4 with the 219b sw40 r9080 that I just ordered with Clemence and sapphire glass, sounds tempting.

Bit slow to the party, but just ordered a smooth grey D4 with XP-L HI V2 3A, 5000K

Hope it’s a nice tint, I presume a VTC6 will go well in this light? I think it’s the most high drain cell I own, then a 30Q (truth be told the difference would be negligible)

I’ve never understood the attraction to saphire glass to be honest, I was always under the impression it had greater scratch resistance, is it tougher than glass?

Ordered a replacement lens through Hank for $5 shipped. Looking at the light yesterday, I wonder if there is flexing due to the two legs chopped off the TIR, a drop onto the bezel maybe just pushed the glass down and snapped it in half.

Just speculating though!

Cheers all!

^ Original part for $5 including shipping is a good deal. Cheers! :+1: :beer:

I am considering using the vapcell 18350 10A flat top 1100mAh battery in a D4 with at 18350 tube. Is this a good fit, both functionally and physically?

It’s the best fit.
Just like Keeppower UH1835P or Aspire 18350. Because they are all the same cell with different wrappings.

:+1: thanks!

My Aspire 18350 is 1300mah with 15a drain, are you sure it’s the same?

I’m not excited to get the D4 or anything :smiley:

Yes. Aspire overrates it.

The VTC6 will run that light like it’s suppose to be run. All of my D4’s run those.

Excellent! Good to know!

Ahh I wasn’t aware of that, good info cheers

Actual capacity: about 1150 mAh. It’s easily the best 18350 cell around at the moment, and works well in a D4 or D1 with shorty tube.

Thanks for that info.

Does the Convoy pocket clip in my above photo fit this light well?