TK's Emisar D4 review

Dunno, I don’t have one.

I’ve got one of those clips on my D4 and it fits, but the top/loop of the clip will touch the end cap. My solution to this was bending the bottom of the clip a bit. This way, it doesn’t rub on the end cap. I’ll upload a picture of it in a sec.

Dude that looks sweet, I’m gonna do the same for sure

Is there any newer firmware of this light that allows user to set the brightness level of tactical momentary mode and beacon? I really like the tactical mode but sometimes it is too bright

I didn’t care for the convoy clip to much on the D4 but found that the armytek wizard clip works good if you clip it head up. You need to put electrical tape over the clip groove then install the clip or mod the clip to fit the groove. The armytek clip just hold stronger to the light where the convoy clip easily pops off.

maybe stupid question-but anyone here compared this Emisar with triple xpl convoy or any triple? thanks…i mean the brightness

it really depends, but if everything else is same (batteries, direct driver resistance…), the more emitters the higher the brightness. Because:

1. total current is greater -> brighter
  2. each led is driven at a lower current -> higher lumen per amp
    that’s my understanding

added to this is that the D4, as small and lightweight as it still is, has a better heat path from the emitter to the shell than for example a S2+, so can run hot for a bit longer without damage.

Yes, Anduril does that.

Also add to this that an e-switch light like the D4 doesn’t have to worry about the huge resistance and potential for melting in the tail switch.

One thing I dislike about D4 is its inability to use 18700 batteries. This way it could work with batteries that come with a charging circuit.
Though maybe it wouldn’t…because there’s a risk of tripping over-discharge protection in the battery. :wink:
Yes, even if it worked, such battery would provide much less output. Still, for some uses that would be a great choice.

price drop for Emisar D4, check detail

Wow Hank, that’s a great deal!

Well, iffn you wanted to try the XP-L versions, they are now $9.64 add’l instead of $18.00
What’s not to like?

Thanks, Is it a totally different firmware or an updated version of D4 firmware. I would like to keep D4 UI but want the ability to set brightness of tactical and strobe

Has anyone tried putting 219B in the D4? Will the current kill those emitters?

Price drop? Great.....I just ordered mine Saturday. Originally the 219c, but changed my mind and had Hank change it to the XP-L HI 5000K version. I'm positive I checked the $2 tracking box but I don't have one...yet. I'm sure I'll get what Hank said he sent because of his reputation on this forum. He was very prompt replying to emails as well. He said it shipped the 28th so the waiting game has begun

yes, i modded one with nichia 219b r9080 4500k (left one), almost perfect edc flashlight for me.

Wow beautiful. How’s the heat compared with the 219c or XP-L? Does it heat up faster or slower? How’s the output compared with the 219C?