TK's Emisar D4 review

A quick measure shows that the 219Bs pull less current than 219Cs from a same battery. 219C will be brighter because higher current and higher efficency. both heat up pretty quickly, i can’t compare it now because the 219B is aluminium and 219C is titan and copper.

Ah I see. I guess it pulls less current due to higher resistance. Less current means less heat but higher resistance means more heat created so I’m guessing it’s probably the same as the 219c.

Thanks, Is it a totally different firmware or an updated version of D4 firmware. I would like to keep D4 UI but want the ability to set brightness of tactical and strobe
[/quote]

It’s a totally different project, not an updated version… but it’s an upgrade.

Thank TK, that Anduril firmware seems awesome, i dont know anything about flashing firmware yet but already ordered some component needed to reflash it.
Is there any problem if i put Anduril into D4? I mean is it optimised/calibrated for D4?

Provocation question-what is in your opinion the most “similar”flashlight like Emisar now? the brightness,size…used with one 18650…?:laughing:

The biggest competition will obviously be from other multi-emitter lights like the S41, S42, and the EC65. I don’t think any of these match the D4 in terms of compactness or brightness, and the Emisar has a nicer UI at a very competitive price. The only downside is it’s picky with cells, and some durability was sacrificed in order to get it as compact as it is.

Well if the sc26 falls through, I may fall back on a d4. I like that they offer 4k tint, that one should give good cri, or the 5k tint… Hmmmmmm

Got my D4Ti raw XP-L 5k, what a chunk!!! I like the knurling on the 18650 body, more secure with the added weight.
I absolutely HATE changing batteries. No matter how much lube I use…that titanium grating while unscrewing the tail cap sets my teeth on edge. Even worse than my fingernail file textured cyan D4.

acebeam is rily too eexpensive…and astrolux ui is bad…hm

Does it feel like the threads will wear out quickly? With a light of this caliber I would feel batteries would be swapped out
for fresh more often than underwear

I’d like a single emitter D4, with thinner tube and head…
That would be a D1, but it already exist…
It would put way less lumens and heat, but keep the same UI and compactness

Ti is pretty tough stuff, I don’t worry that the threads will wear out unusually fast. It apparently is the nature of the beast. All my titanium lights exhibit this to some degree.

Would be nice, no?

The Emisar line has lights which do ~4, ~33, and ~100 cd / lm. But most EDC-style lights are more like 8 or 10 cd/lm, and Emisar has nothing with that beam type. It’d be nice to have a single-emitter version like the D4, but smaller, similar to a ZL SC64.

Yup, a budget ZL competitor (even if efficiency would be way worse) for around 25 bucks would sell really well I guess !

I doubt it would go for $25 - there’s no reason for it to cost $10 less than the D1.

It works great on the D4, just be sure to download the correct .hex file made specifically for the D4.

TK shared the latest hex files here.

The head would be smaller, so the initial aluminum rod would be much smaller in diameter also. Less time to bore it also

Then why I’d the D1S the same price as the D1? I think the cost of the aluminum is not a major factor with this light.

I’m curious about 219B in this light too. Was thinking 9080 4000K. Would this fry the LEDs?

Using 219b should be fine. The Vf is so much higher that it won’t draw anywhere near as much power as 219c. I have some 219b triples with a FET, and they haven’t had any issues. I like the tint better on 7135-based 219b lights though, like 8x7135 (7+1 moonlight special driver) to run the emitters at 1A each.