TK's Emisar D4V2 review

Awesome, ordered one. :-)

Flash kit ordered.

Neat, he recommends using Android and can supply the adapter (for a fair price, too)

Thanks Hank. Just ordered one.

Thanks Hank. Ordered the kit as well as the OTG adapter.

You mentioned there was a video showing how to do it on the phone. Is that on the product page? I don’t see it. Only links to the .hex files.

Emisar D4V2 Flash Kit Instructions (Official How To) this is the thread that has the info for pc and phone.

Perfect! Thank you very much.

In case you want to update the OP - I measured the idle drain and AUX LED (red) High Current drain - 2.96mA high red AUX, and 20μA idle. Note that that 20 micro ampere drain appeared to “pulse” on and off, presumably as the microcontroller entered and left sleep mode.

Nice, ordered one and also the OTG adapter

Ordered, thanks!

Has anyone tried swapping SST20 to LH351D?

Are the SST 20 4000K’s a nice tint like those in the FW3A… kinda ‘creamy white’??

Or do have the dreaded greenish tint?

TIA
:slight_smile:

DB Custom did and I am going to as well

My 2nd one arrived today. Fun with mixing colors.

My SST 20 4000K is a nice creamy white with no hint of green and I can't stand greenish tints in my lights.

My SST 20 4000K D4V2 is slightly greenish. Tint appears exactly the same as my SST-20 4000K D4.

When placed side-by-side with my SST-20 FW3A, the D4V2 is considerably more green in all brightness settings.

Hmmm… two different answers on two different D4V2’s. Sounds like it is a tint lottery as to which one gets. :person_facepalming:

I’m not willing to gamble on getting a green tint though….

Thank you for your helpful replys gentlemen…. :beer:

Received my second D4V2 today. It had this emitter, which appears snow white to my eyes.

Cool White - XP-L HI V3 1A, 6500K

/\ … Thanks Terry…. :beer:

The D4 will always look a bit more green next to an FW3A because the D4 runs each LED a bit lower power