TK's Emisar D4V2 review

Both of the lights i received are defective and will come on at high output without any stepdown. In muggle mode.

Battery check at 4.1 volts.

I haven’t received any warning email, found out via Reddit.

The website says defective products will be repaired free of charge.
https://intl-outdoor.com/-ezp-23.html

Shame it’s turned out this way

I’ll wait and see what happens, but i paid with paypal so i’m covered.

I didn’t get any email about this muggle mode issue, but I also don’t ever use it because I just use my head when using the light. Kind of a non issue for me honestly.

I am having issues figuring out how to mimic the tactical mode from the D4 though, I liked setting it to that when I go for walks because it’s just an instant turbo mode any time I press the button. I think the memory mode might do something similar?

You don’t have a physically defective product. You have software with a bug. There is nothing wrong with the hardware in your flashlight. It seems to be a real stretch to try and argue what you are. Do you attempt to send back your PC to the manufacturer anytime Windows has an error?

You had one job TK! :smiley:
Still, it’s not as bad as that time I blew up a hospitals sub mains and the backup generators weren’t connected :person_facepalming:

I think we will be looking at a “difficulty factor” of 10 or less. As someone who figured out how to flash lights (with help from others) just before all of this blew up, the part I found most difficult was putting together all of the details of the hardware and software needed from multiple threads. The actual process turned out to be quite simple.

The kit should eliminate the uncertainty on the hardware side. With a lot of people needing to do this I am certain there will be one or more sets of step-by-step instructions explaining exactly what to do. (And if there aren’t I will help write one.)

I’m hesitant to guess about the cost of the kit, but I can tell you that all of the hardware, except for the pogo-pin adapter, can be purchased for well under $10. At low-volume pricing the parts for the pogo-pin adapter amount to around another $5. And all of the software is available for free.

I ordered all the stuff I need off of aliexpress not too long ago (yet not long enough to have received any of it) and it was about $10 for pogo pins, usbasp, soic clip, and some wires. It was another $2 or so to get the key from oshpark, which you can find in this post.

Is there a shortcut or a way to quickly switch to the maximum regulated mode? I am asking because it is a little difficult to catch it ramping output power up and down.

I worry about the mental health of many forum members here.

:person_facepalming:

Do you realize that Cassini suffered from a programming error that caused the loss of over 300 images? A Mars probe crashed into Mars because of a programming error. Those projects had huge budgets and many programmers and they still had bugs. I stand by what I said, and you are not a developer.

Yes, I’m angry, yes it bothers me.

I have two lights on the shipment since July 17th. They arrive and won’t use them until I can upgrade the FW.

But !!!

Emisar lights are among the best that I own in my collection (more than 150 lamps).
Considering the price / performance ratio / quality / processing quality / dimensions this is the best result.
I’ll wait for the flash kit and fix the lanterns.
I will always buy products from Hank.
I will not request any refunds.

I look forward to being repaired and even more happy to repair and if I can.
I want more lights from Hank and TK, so I will at least support them.
Sorry for using the translator.

So… is that a yes or a no for the free flashing kit? If it’s a “yes” I’ll need a shipping address.

Some big assholes here on blf :person_facepalming:

Is there an updated thread with all the relevant information, downloads and tutorial for all operating systems.
I had a brief look into it yesterday, no muggle is going to find reflashing the firmware that easy I think.

+1 to this. I think the solution of reflashing is fine for most. But it needs to be dead simple what to download and how to reflash the light.
@Fabien, calm down man, the community is discussing this, this takes some time but it will result in a good solution. If you and your lawyer friends still have problems with this light go for a Chinese lawsuit :slight_smile: instead of fouling this forum.

Here’s an interesting thread of how to flash an emisar D4.
It doesn’t look so difficult

Hey Petr!
If you can’t reflash the FW by your own, Zozz (from Hungary) offered some help to the community, in case you want/can send your lights to him.
Here’s the post link:

:+1:

Thinkin‘ about some people longing for a lawsuit reminds me of this great movie... :-D

The programming key ordering will take too long so I made my own from scratch:

Shipping to and from Hungary is expensive. As I wrote when I manage to fix it, I will be very happy and also learn something new. I like the lights. But thank you for your help.

P.S. I checked the price, postage from the Czech Republic to Hungary is $ 25. That’s crazy.