TK's Emisar D4V2 review

Yes, I’m angry, yes it bothers me.

I have two lights on the shipment since July 17th. They arrive and won’t use them until I can upgrade the FW.

But !!!

Emisar lights are among the best that I own in my collection (more than 150 lamps).
Considering the price / performance ratio / quality / processing quality / dimensions this is the best result.
I’ll wait for the flash kit and fix the lanterns.
I will always buy products from Hank.
I will not request any refunds.

I look forward to being repaired and even more happy to repair and if I can.
I want more lights from Hank and TK, so I will at least support them.
Sorry for using the translator.

So… is that a yes or a no for the free flashing kit? If it’s a “yes” I’ll need a shipping address.

Some big assholes here on blf :person_facepalming:

Is there an updated thread with all the relevant information, downloads and tutorial for all operating systems.
I had a brief look into it yesterday, no muggle is going to find reflashing the firmware that easy I think.

+1 to this. I think the solution of reflashing is fine for most. But it needs to be dead simple what to download and how to reflash the light.
@Fabien, calm down man, the community is discussing this, this takes some time but it will result in a good solution. If you and your lawyer friends still have problems with this light go for a Chinese lawsuit :slight_smile: instead of fouling this forum.

Here’s an interesting thread of how to flash an emisar D4.
It doesn’t look so difficult

Hey Petr!
If you can’t reflash the FW by your own, Zozz (from Hungary) offered some help to the community, in case you want/can send your lights to him.
Here’s the post link:

:+1:

Thinkin‘ about some people longing for a lawsuit reminds me of this great movie... :-D

The programming key ordering will take too long so I made my own from scratch:

Shipping to and from Hungary is expensive. As I wrote when I manage to fix it, I will be very happy and also learn something new. I like the lights. But thank you for your help.

P.S. I checked the price, postage from the Czech Republic to Hungary is $ 25. That’s crazy.

Oops, sorry, I thought it was less expensive :zipper_mouth_face: Shipping within Europe is getting more and more expensive :zipper_mouth_face:
But yeah, this may be an opportunity to get some new “tools” and learn new things!
Wish you luck on that and I hope you can solve that situation :+1:

I would also offer flashing but honestly it will be more cost effective to just buy the flashing kit and learn how to flash in the process. You may even have fun along the way.

I need to stop looking at this thread. I keep wanting to comment but I know I shouldn’t :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

Received my grey D4v2 wit SS bezel today ten days after ordering, and currently admiring the rainbow AUX lights. What an amazing little torch! The amount of light that it puts out is phenomenal, and the SST-20 5000k has a really nice tint. It will be interesting to compare it with the 4000k 95CRI once the MF01S starts shipping. The sand / gold coloured D4v2 does look a lot nicer in the latest photos than I had originally imagined it, so I might have to buy another one with the warmer tint.

I wasn’t very keen on the original D4 so I sold it, but this one is definitely a keeper! :slight_smile:

Plus, upon release of the sources one can even tailor the UI to certain default values/modes I imagine. But then it’s our own responsibility to not have the Emisar burning down our homes :person_facepalming:

I have all the lights from Emisar and they are all great in their category. Still add USB C recharging and D4 V2 would be even better. If it were possible to connect to the data via USB C, it would be a dream lamp.

Every single hotrod light is inherently a fire hazard if used improperly. For now, people know the very specific conditions that can cause an issue with the D4v2 and simply shouldn’t use muggle mode (at least not while unattended}.

Not wanting to make a drama out of it, but …

The D4V2 is one even if used properly :smiley: .

Yes, people that haven’t ignored an E-Mail with subject “order update” on a flashlight they already received.

I want to say something to the problem, too:

Im the guy from german TLF who was linked in post 634 by @Terry Oregon. I accidentally put my D4V2 into muggle mode, because i thought it was lockout, like in my older D4 (better had checked the new UI more precisely :person_facepalming: ). I laid it down on the sidebord and go away. As i come home again (luckily my home wasn´t on fire :D) i want to play around with the new light, when i mentioned the optics and holster were melt, the switch jumped off and one cable was cut off (which probably was my luck, dont know how long it was on until that).

At first i was confused about it, wrote a message to Hank if he had an explanation, and thoght it was my fault because the holster was too tight (indeed, it was my fault, because i don´t check the UI correctly… ).
Then i heard about the bug and my confusion give way to anger.
After some reading and thinking about the whole thing i must say, Toykeeper and Hank do a great job anyway. I like the light (even after it tried to kill me in a flaming inferno :smiling_imp: just joking) and i look forward to get a pogo pin to fix it myself. Hank was very polite and offered me to repair the light, (because it has to be soldered together and the switch was loose, as well as my optics were burnt) but it would took so long, i take care of this myself (with help out of german TLF).
I totally agree with post 750, Hank and TK do a great job for the world of flashaholics and im happy to get new lights from Emisar in the future (hoping on a D1sV2 with white flat :heart_eyes: ).

I learned that i always take the battery out of my high power flashlights if they lay around without observation, and at least get the UI correctly in my brain.

Hope you can understand my broken english :smiley: cheers

But it seems that not all buyers of this lamp have received a corresponding email with the warning and do not read regularly here in the forum.
I didn’t get an email and as I read, other buyers have already described it here too.