TK's Emisar D4V2 review

I followed your instructions, but my bezel is probably very tight pushed because it can not be done in this way.
I made a hole in the rubber…

Game-changer.

Video from MTN-man about muggle mode nearly starting a fire in his truck.

He says he did not receive any warning email about muggle mode (maybe in spam folder?).
Although most discussion about muggle bug is now ‘old news’, I just wonder how many units are out there with guys who didn’t receive the email or don’t hang out on the forums.

I never got a warning about the muggle mode bug. (I did check my spam folder) However,I knew about it from this forum and ordered the flashing kit. I’m sure Hank knows how many lights with the bug were sold. I wonder how many kits were sold and how that compares, although some, like me, ordered only one kit for the multiple lights they bought.

Received my reflashing kit from Hank. With the help of the thread posts outlining the avrdude setup on MacOS, my D4V2 is all updated and good to go! I wasn’t worried about the muggle bug, as I don’t use that mode ever, but it is nice to have all features ready to go now and the ability to easily update in the future. Nice work all. I appreciate the time you all put into creating easy to follow guides. Cheers!

Now, I want to flash my D4Ses to Anduril. I have a rookie question. Does this picture match up the same as the D4V2 flashing kit from Intl-Outdoor? D4S Flash Pic

Reflashing Kit + OTG ordered.

I don’t think so. The D4V2 flashing pads are organized in a row of 4 and a row of 2 whereas what you show for the D4S is 3+3. The pins will not match. However, you would only need to change the end part with the “needles” to convert the D4V2 kit to the D4S.

I understand that the layout is different on the light, so I plan to do my own thing for the wires from the USB to the light, but I just want to make sure the pin assignments on the top half of the picture match the D4V2 reflashing kit, so I know where to run the wires from.

I’m assuming it does. More knowledgeable members will tell for sure.

The bottom half is the pin-out on Hank's USBasp board. They look the same.

Excellent. Thanks!

Dang it. I wish that raised bezel was available before I bought the flashing kit.

Also before I bought those dang washers and glue from amazon.

It all seems to be a product in process. We should be glad that you and others invest time and interest (and :money_mouth_face:
And that Hank listens and keeps improving on his creations.
Kind of a unique symbiosis, eh?

Just received my D4v2 in sand colour from intl-outdoor.com, together with the flashing kit. This is a beautiful light, and I absolutely love the UI. It has some extremely clever and useful functions:

- muggle mode

- automatic and manual memory

- reset function

- ramp configuration

Best UI I experienced until now.

What I am missing somewhat is a real operation mode for the aux leds, for example:

- one click turn aux leds on or off

- two clicks switch to the next led colour or rainbow mode

- a long click (hold) ramps the aux led brightness up/down

• ???

Obviously, with the flash kit waiting in the cupboard, I will have to take a look at the code, if that can be realized…

Sounds like it didn’t work out for you. Sorry to hear that, I had to double 2 washers up to get the needed protection but otherwise they are ok. Does the new switch bezel fit the old D4 also?

Yeah…me too. I also don’t want to reflash my light either, since I’d no doubt crash my computer in the process, lol and I’ve done it before!

Chris

I think he is talking about the raised switch bezel that Hank just announced.

In case you change your mind, we have pretty good instructions for flashing over here: Emisar D4V2 Flash Kit Instructions (Official How To)

I and others would be happy to assist if needed. You could even do it from an Android phone/tablet and leave the computer alone if you’re worried about it.

Any chance the light I ordered (To norway) a few days ago got that new ring?

I doubt it . The website gives you the option to choose the new ring or the old one.

Thanks for the offer and I have thought of paying somebody to flash it, but I don’t have kids and I generally keep my cells at 4.0 v, so it’s not an issue for me, at least.

Chris