TK's Emisar D4V2 review

Has anyone else tried taking the retaining ring off the switch? I’m seriously considering getting a raised ring and swapping mine.

@Gunga Haven't tried it and don't want to (flat ring looks much better IMHO) ... but I would think running the light on turbo for a minute and then immediately trying to take the ring out should help a bit.

Unused D4V2 5000k XPL LED’s, unused SONY VTC5D and I got 5070 lumens @turn-on, but it stepped down immediately, when the voltage lowered a little (or temps rose?) I got around 5 seconds before it stepped down.

I got 4770 lumens with 2yo SONY VTC5A

Muggle mode measured 572 lumens.

I successfully remove it, but I damaged the switch rubber. I also asked Hank a few days ago if this ring could be bought but I still haven’t received the answer. A bit strange, because usually when I asked something, he wrote back quickly.

My flashing kit arrived yesterday and i’m happy to report my D4V2 is updated via the Android method.
I’m Happy to reflash anyones D4V2 for the cost of shipping to and from WI, USA, or if you live in the northern WI area, you’re more than welcome to bring it by for reflashing.

My light went into self-destruct mode last night, but I hadn’t turned it to muggle mode.

The aux LEDs were set to low mode blue, and I used the 7-click+hold combination to turn them to (off-)white. Then I performed 7 clicks several times, but the aux LEDs stayed off. I placed my light on the table and went into the kitchen. About two minutes later, I could see wild flashing coming from my living room, and I noticed that the light had gone haywire. I quickly locked it by twisting the tailcap.

When I walked my dog later on, I unlocked the light (screwing the tailcap back on tight), and when I got to the park I went to sit down on a bench and turned it off. Again, after about two minutes the flashing started, and I unscrewed the tailcap again.

So now I have an unsafe light which needs to be physically locked out, without working AUX LEDs … :person_facepalming:

Most likely you clicked x6 instead x7 and entered Muggle mode inadvertently (which turns AUX off).

You are right, just did a 6-click and the aux lights are working again. Does that also disable self-destruct mode again?

That’s correct: Unless Muggle Mode is active, there is no danger.

Thanks, that’s a huge relief!

Does anyones d4v2 make a high frequency noise on high? Also the noise is not so loud on turbo

BTW this is with a samsung 20R It does not make this noise with an 18350 efest V2 High drain

do you have pay extra for the ‘audio feature’?

All devices with certain electronic components like inductors can make humming noises at certain power levels/frequencies. Nothing to worry about .. many flashlights do this.

Haha, my D4S does not do this humming sound tho

Thanks for the info I did a little research and have found this to be quite commonplace

Also my D4S in 4000k 95cri seems to be brighter than my newly acquired d4v2 in 5000k sst 20 leds just asking because I thought the 5000k tint is supposed to be in the 4200 lumen range?

Maybe need a different battery such as lg he2 or sony vtc6a ?

Are you sure it’s just not perceived brighter because of higher lux?

Maybe?? I need to go camping again to compare in complete darkness

Not only does my D4v2 make noise, but on strobe modes, I can feel it vibrating in my hand.

Hmm better not let my girl find that out lol