TMART Tangpower TP-Fing (5 LED SRK style) - in Grey (** EXPIRED **)

i finally got mine today, its xml not xml2

not a big deal really on a budget light… no dings… i installed a ucl on mine

Dang, was hoping they'd all be XM-L2's... I pm'ed Louis -- no response. I emailed Laura at the jewelry supply website/factory with a request for quote and spec'd the dimension for copper plates/discs, and no reply. I've been messaging with Beverly (Bopper) and she can't make the exact size, but may have something do-able. Here's details:

Best I could measure for the missing shelf, assuming having the thickness of SinkPADs or Noctigons for the LED's:

- 43 mm diam. by 2.3 mm thick

Nice additional heat sink filler to adhere under the shelf, inside the pill:
- 40.2 mm diam. by 3.0 mm thick or so

Beverly could offer these in 16 gauge (1.3 mm):

- $1.42each - 38mm = 1 1/2"

- $1.59 each - 41.27mm = 1 5/8"

- $1.78 each - 44.45mm = 1 3/4"

She can also do them in these thickness's:

1.3 mm = 16 gauge
1.0 mm = 18 gauge
.81 mm = 20 gauge
.67 mm = 22 gauge
.50 mm = 24 gauge

So in theory, could use one 16 and one 18 gauge to get the thickness, bond them (solder) together, then file/sand down from 44.45 mm to 43 mm in diameter.

I'm thinking of trying this - I know I can dremel down the diameter pretty well (done many smaller copper discs and pennies), but the reflow soldering of such a large disc has me concerned, plus it will probably come out a little thicker than I want, but there should be some play there, as long as it's at least 2.3 mm. Might give Laura's shop another couple days -- I know O-L had a post about copper discs he ordered from this very same shop, can't find the thread now, but he bought various sizes to use in SRK's and SRK clones.

... I am really liking metric units now ...

no surprise there.

:slight_smile:

They haven’t answer all my 5 e-mails I’d sent them next move is to file with paypal… it’s weird that they’re not answering any e-mails as if I was blocked |(
Usually they always answer e-mails within 24-48 hrs :Sp

Louis had customer service respond to me about the issue of lacking a pill shelf. This is their email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for your email, it is our honor to help you.
I am sorry for the unconveniece all caused

But if the item work normally and you don't satisfied with it you should pay the return freight by yourself. We can refund you when we received you return .

If it is defective , please issure the problem

If you have any question, you may also use the link below to contact us.
http://www.tmart.com/HelpCenter/Contact_Us.html

Best wishes,
Tmart Service Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the issue is the definition of "work normally"... Obviously they can't dis-assemble every flashlight they sell to check if anything is missing, and technically the light does work. Also technically, it's nothing different from what is listed for the product - you won't find the spec: "Hollow Pill:" Yes/No listed.

Ugh.... Not sure to curse them out or feel sorry for them...