TN35 or Vostro BK02 or MM15 or any other MT-G2 ?

InspectHerGadget:

i like the Mode-selection-ring more than loosening the head …

the ring starts always from low and you turn as long as its bright enough - right?
disco is not in the normal brightness levels

-> sounds perfect :wink:

RMM:

the MM15 is sure a BIG wall of light - but i am concerned if it is not only for show…

-> what would you build for ~150 USD (incl Batteries)

TexasToasted:

i have a 3xT6 the new light must have MOAAARRR LUMENS :smiley:

Some people are squeamish about loosening the torch head but it is a dead simple system and pretty well nothing to go wrong and every easy to clean.

A lot of advantages but obviously not everyone buys the same things.

The twist head also allows the torch to be more compact and shorter.

I find this torch about as big a thing as I would like to carry on my belt. The quality of the holster in the kit is first rate. All these things add up.

I do walk a lot with mine, up to 2 hours per night on my fitness crusade so the MX has had a real work out. Love it.

if the vostro is 1/3rd cheaper than the eagtec - what would you say?

Well, Mr M4. Honestly buy the light you want. I think that the price is secondary unless you really are up against it.

If you get one that suits what you want to do with it and you like the look and feel then the extra money is well worth it.

In my case, the Vostro would be too big and I don’t need the extra run time, really but I do a lot of walking.

The little things like the cutouts in the barrel make this thing a pleasure to hold and these are the little things that get lost in reviews and comments. Quality of things like holsters make a huge difference if you have to carry it and let’s face it, it is handy to have a holster on the belt. The holster for this is first rate.

The tail switch I don’t use but it is there if you buy the kit along with the holster, the stainless steel strike bezel and a selection of filters and a diffuser. I probably won’t use these but evidently the thread size is the same as for commonly used photographic filters.

Have a look at these beam shots…Give an idea of throw but also tint. Interesting and well done shots…

1. MX25L3 has smooth reflector right now
    3), 7) rear switch and SS bezel are standard in a Kit version

Planning to build this:

- Yezl Y3

- replace XM-L2 with an MT-G2 on a Noctigon

- replace existing resistors with two R100 in parallel to get me roughly 4A to the LED which should get me in the >2000 OTF lumens area

• power it with a pair of 26650 King Kongs

Mod should cost about US$75 in total (includes buying a new pair of KKs).

Building stuff like that is beyond me but sounds like fun. The base light is really cheap but for $30 it is good value.

If you can’t build it then you buy it or pay someone else. There is vin on the CPF forum who is constantly building stuff for others at what seems to me like really good prices. He is generally modding already expensive light though.

I’m just a humble consumer of purchased technology but happy to find such superlative light, off the shelf.

If someone’s interested, BG carries Supbeam K40M at very good price ($105 shipped before discount).

By far the best light for the money K40M….around 2500 lumens, TN32 like build, and MTG2, a real steal.

I just received the Ultrafire M51..

but I am pretty certain that the Supbeam K40M is the better of the 2. (maybe Supbeam directly, will give you even a better price on the K40M)

I would have liked to order a K40M, but they are still pricey

If you’re going to buy directly Supbeam wants more for K40 XM-L2 than BG for K40M ($96,50).

Hmm, a mini group-buy? 5-10 units? I’d bite if we could get it well under $100 (within reason yes).

Are Supbeam known to exaggerate lumens? They’re claiming 3000.

I got this directly from Supbeam (Acebeam). If the one from BG is identical, then I think it’s definitely a good buy.
My only (slight) reservation is that it uses a smooth reflector. I think the MT-G2 emitter is better suited to using a light-orange-peel reflector. But it’s a really good light nonetheless.

did someone say group buy? :smiley:

In order of preference;

Thrunite TN35 - All around winner, great throw, plenty of flood.

Niwalker MM15 - Ridiculous amount of Flood.

Supbeam K40M - About as bright as the TN35, but with a bit less throw to it. Smaller more manageable size.

Eagletac MX25L3 - Excellent middle ground light, very convenient size, and UI is very very good, if you get the kit version.

Niwalker BKFA02 - Easily the biggest of all of these, not quite as bright as the rest above, but with a lot more mass and better heatsinking.

Solarforce S2200 - Nice more budget MTG2 option. UI is really the only weakpoint with not enough levels imo.

Crelant 7G10 - HORRIBLE design - threads that grate, and the light will blind you every time you put in batteries.

Crelant 7G5MT - Skip it. You might as well buy a modded xml2 light to get the kind of output with tons of throw.

With the exception of the 7g5mt I have all of these lights, and like them all in that order.

One option I think you might like a lot, is to look into the modded K40Mvn modded by Vinh from CPF.

Edit: Actually, for a stock light, the Banggood K40M for $105 is a great deal.

It’s $96.50 after coupon. It actually is one of the cheapest MT-G2 flashlights. That’s a bargain for such great light.

I am checking for a even better deal…

stay tuned :wink:

What? I just bought one from BG…

MM15 blows out of thr water all other MT G2 lights imho, close second is TN35.

Yes, but the MM15 has very little throw to it, at least as compared to the BS Terminator it's supposed to replace.