TN35 or Vostro BK02 or MM15 or any other MT-G2 ?

Hey!

since the Terminator died i have to fill the hole in my heart with lots of lumens!

I kinda like the MT-G2 (but only know them from beamshots :frowning: ) so they should enlighten me…

A useful Throw to Flood-Ratio is what i demand (a wall of light with blinding myself or a 2 miles skybeam 3 inches thick? - i do not want that)

What do you suggest?
TN35 or Vostro BK02 or MM15 or any other MT-G2 (some skills to build a comparable (or better?) light are here…)
or is it good to wait for the Q0 Bin Lights
or wait for the next “big bang” from RMM ?

Budget?

cheaper is better…

the nova costs 170 USD and i didnt beg for a price for TN35 or BK02….

Batteries are to buy also….

lets see what 250 USD (with Batteries) make possible

Interest in crelant?

Both below $100 @ banggood

7g5mt and 7g10

These are also worth considering -

http://www.fasttech.com/search?mt-g2

less Lumens than the other single emitters…

it should outperform my HD2010s and 3xT6 Light by far… :wink:

Im in the same dilemma after the t70 cancellation
Im looking at a solarforce s2200 or the tn35, I can get them both for roughly the same price, the s2200 is a bit cheaper

So has anyone got both or tried these lights, plus it will be my first mt g2 light

Thanks

which price do you have for the tn35?

i could get Skillhunt K30 and K30 GT for 2x9 each ….
edited because of map police
(x is very low but not zero ;))

Irritating, the 7G10 from BG is $10 cheaper than what I paid last month from other seller.but that’s good news. I’ll grab it for sub $100 MTG2 branded light.
from reading here and there, TN35 seems to be the best performer in stock form.
supbeam x60 is having MTG2 version too, don’t know the price yet though.

It’s weird that Fasttech sold the 7G10 at $99 and got caught by the MAP policy, but Banggood can even sell it at a lower price ($90) and not got caught? Or is it just a matter of “not yet”?

At that time, other seller were selling at $120+ since still new to market. No wonder MAP complaint can be easily raised. Now, not many seller is selling crelant.
I say buy it while available before news got bigger and draws too much manufacturer attention.

where can you get TN35 at roughly the same price as T70 group buy? :expressionless:

edit: never mind… it’s solarforce S2200

no where!

the tn35 is twice a t70

but if you compare lumen…

@crelant :
it’s half the price of a mm15 but it is the weakest of the mt-g2 lights.
can it be tuned?

Crelant lights are PIA to open as everything is glued, but TOM E managed to mod his Crelant light :slight_smile:

Eagletac MX25L3 perhaps? It’s TN35’s performance in much smaller package. If you want some throw stay away from MM15 - it’s a pure flooder.

as far as i can sum up from selfbuilds reviews the Vostro has the best package…

longest runtime
high lumens
medium price

or did i miss something?

I have the Vostro and can highly recommend it - a great big flooder of a light. None of these MT-G2 lights will be throwers. It is available in the UK for a reasonably competitive price (by UK standards) at flashaholics.co.uk

I would definitely consider the MX25L3. It is a superb light with a great holster (available separately for $13 or as part of the kit).

It is a great torch to hold due to cut outs on the barrel.

I copied this from a post. I may be breaking rules but vin who modifies a lot of lights for sale had this to say comparing the MX25L3 with the BK-FA02 (Mvn)

MX25L3 advantage compares to Mvn

1. It’s smaller and lighter
  2. MTG2 makes a better beam in OP reflector
  3. side switch and rear switch
  4. Instant access to strobe anytime
  5. Momentary on
  6. At any mode you can hold down button to get Turbo
  7. Stainless strike bezel
  8. I knwo what mode I get when I turn the light on
  9. Mvn has annoying strobe accidental activation. Not a big deal in this light
  10. No battery carrier adds more mass for efficient heatsinkin & less parts to lose
  11. IMO better engineering overall
  12. Kit is a plus

Mvn Pros compare

1. Ring easier to turn than head on MX
  2. Classy finished anodization
  3. More throw
  4. Hansome
  5. More heatsinking mass
  6. Larger Copper heat sink

That Vostro MM15 is a nice looking light. From the looks of it you get excellent runtime and nice floody output. It would be difficult to match the efficiency in a budget light, but if you want all-out power...we can do that!

Crelant Flagship Store at AliExpress has the Crelant 7G5MT Cree MT-G2 on sale for $62.05 plus $11.88 EPacket shipping to US. They also have a $5 off $50 purchase coupon and a $10 off $100 purchase coupon in their store.

I ordered one and it’s passing through the San Francisco post office today, so I should have it in a few days. I know it’s not the brightest MT-G2 light, but it seems to be the most affordable and I like the style of this light over the short fat type.