Tofty's 10A Tailcap Switch (17 available)

@ Rufusbduck: In the future I plan to make a similar switch, that is a direct replacement to the McClicky switch, but as a reverse and with better current handling. However I need to sell all of these switches first.

Sorry to everyone who PMed me ages ago and only got a reply recently, it took far too long, but.....

A new batch of switches is finally available.

Here they all are:

Each switch has been proven to handle well over 10A of continuous current and comes with two brass centre contact posts (1x 7mm, 1x 12mm). They are designed to fit into the standard S1 Solarforce tailcap, but do not fit into all of the other Solarforce tailcaps, namely the ones with the stainless steel rings on them.

The price is $25 for the first switch, then $20 for any additional switches, including international shipping (17 switches available).

Please PM me for my paypal address.

Thankyou sir and sorry for badgering you for so long. Switches ordered. Happy now.

Thanks Tofty. My switches arrived a couple of days ago. Now to find a home for them. Maybe I will put them in a frame and admire them behind glass? Nah, they should be tortured right?

Wel one fits my Blue L2P perfectly, now my BLF17DD / XP-L2 V3D is no longer held back by the switch J)

The other i don’t know yet if i am gonna use it in my edc or my triple setup 8)

Thanks LanWolf. Its good to know it fits.

I had a lot of trouble trying to fit this switch in my Solarforce tail caps.

I'm not sure what cap you had. Did you see this?

I did. But for some reason, I just couldn’t get the switch to fit down past the threads. It actually got stuck inside the tail cap, and I ruined a rubber switch boot to get it back out. I should probably just sand down the sides of the switch a little, and it may fit.

Hey Tofty, do you still have any of these switches? I need to purchase 5 of them. I sent you a PM with the pertinent information.

Hi and welcome A.Marquardt. May we ask why you need five being the inquisitive bunch of people we are around here?

I’ve got some P-60 drop ins that pull @10 amps. Vinh Nguyen released a 4400 lumen drop in that eats McClickys for breakfast. Only other option is a ZeroRez, and I’m not a big fan of them. I REALLY hope Tofty can hook me up.

what kinda drop in is this? a quad xml2 u3?

4x XPL with some crazy driver.

The CQvn drop in will roast most P-60 hosts, so I put it into a solid copper Cryos Illumination host. It will run the drop-in for about 10 minutes on turbo before getting too hot to hold. I can only use a ZeroRez on my light, and only on momentary since the copper tail doesnt have anotdized threads. I’m just gettting sick of not having a proper switch. Your thumb gets pretty sore holding a momentary down for 10 mins.

sounds like a beast of a light. that host musta costed you upwards to $100?

$276 not including bezel ring, lens, or switch. Here’s a link to Cryos Illumination if you want to see what I did.

http://www.cryosillumination.com/surefire-p60-system/

Edit: There it goes. My uber P-60

Sounds like a nice light. You should be able to post Photobucket images, lots of people use it here. You should be able to post a link very easily of course, but you probably want to embed. Use “Share” and “Direct”, then on BLF click the little picture of a sunset (next to the little picture of a film strip, 7th icon) and paste it in there.

Hi,

Welcome to BLF :)!

FYI, sinner has several different hosts in different materials (copper, etc.) so you might want to check for your next one:

I have one of his tri-edc in copper.

Jim

Ohaya, thanks for posting Sinner’s hosts. Might have to buy one of those.

You’re welcome. Dale (DBCSTM) here is kind of an (the?) expert on sinner’s hosts, so look for his threads also.

Post a build thread… I’m sure others here would be interested in that driver!

I saw you online earlier Tofty. Read your PM’s lol. I’m going nuts trying to find a 10 amp switch for a p-60 that’s drawing 9.88 amps.