Took a fight with Uniquefire X6S, and I lost..

Ah come on Gj, take advantage of my misfortune and snag this light :wink:
I’ve never heard of it before but it looks excellent—a great thermal path to the body and a good form factor that shouldn’t bee too unbalanced or bulky.

I totally screwed up a FandyFire yesterday afternoon trying to remove an emitter that would not budge.Now I have a stab wound on one hand a nice burn on the other and a broken light

Oh good…I’m not the only one that screws up perfectly good flashlights ignoring the whole “If it’s not broke don’t fix it” credo

:smiley:

daylighter , what’s the o.d. on the battery tube?

Every time I have not been able to get a pill out, it turned out to be left hand threads. I'm pretty good at remembering to try that now. Not sure if that is the case here though.

Reverse thread? Never had anything like that of all of mine. What light was it?

But wonder why it’s taking so long to sell this? $20 shipped for the light and two free good 18650s. Luckily I’m on “the-rest-of-the-world” so the temptation is removed. :slight_smile:

24.61mm

The pill in this light is left handed (Reverse) thread.

EDIT:

Pulsar13 wrote:

Reverse thread? Never had anything like that of all of mine. What light was it?

I've come across several. Can't remember them off hand though. I think one was a Defiant. Also have run across reverse threaded retaining rings in several lights.

I’ll take it! PM incoming.

Edit Thanks to ImA4Wheelr’s link to O-L thread I’m managed to open it… @~#$!! it was reverse thread
the driver look different than the one racer posted, but still use resistors that’s mean it still can be mod :smiley:

now which one is sense resistor? R2 or R3?

i ended up using a drill with mine…
i probably tightened it too hard, so no matter what direction i tried to unscrew it at it was stuck.

mine had a faulty driver, that’s why i wanted to disassemble it.
i’m thinking about ordering a new driver and at last try to de-dome a xp-g2 or xm-l.

i have a working fandyfire version of this flashlight as well, but it has next-mode memory, so i’m not using it a lot. and i’m not sure if i can resistor mod the driver? it’s not as obvious as the 1x li-ion drivers we usually do that to.

The reverse thread is an effort to ensure the pill stays properly seated when removing the battery tube, as there will inevitably be some that take the head off to replace batteries. Reverse or left hand threads help ensure the pill doesn’t loosen in the process.

How to unscrew the the pill was also mentioned in my

Taking a look at the UniqueFire UF-X6S thread..

Always take a look before taking a fight. ;)

R2 and R3 might be in parallel, if so, it does not matter. You could just measure it. If not, id put my money on the R2.

Did you change your mind about selling it?

Yay! Fight still on. I'm rooting for you DayLighter!

Yeah… sorry changed my mind… but look like I have to change my mind again as disaster struck today Today is not my day.. :(

Looks like I have to do some spring cleaning sale soon :_(

Reverse threaded - oh boy. Anyone know if the TK35 pill is reverse threaded? Been checking around - can't find anything... Suspecting now it is, but I probably have it pretty jammed up now after several hard attempts.

Tom E, you're so fricken cool. You're this super highly skilled modder, but you are open source and don't sly away from or hide mistakes. My hat's off to you bro.

DayLighter, just checked out that thread. That would have been a very traumatic event for me. Not sure I would have handled it as well as you did.

Who the heck ever thought of left hand wheel studs? [Archive …
bbs.homeshopmachinist.net › … › General‎
Sep 13, 2004 - 26 posts - ‎22 authors
But the left hand side left hand thread crops up on many different makes I have an 8ton dodge truck and 8 ton toyota truck that have it.