Top 10 must have lights??

lumintop tool AAA

The opening post says:

There are a few overlaps where a light is listed by more than one of us, but none of mine is mentioned by anyone else. So no, there is not any sort of general must have list.
I could have listed the SK-68, even though I like the SK-58 better, because it is a good standard candle to compare beam shots. So maybe that is a general must have, even for those who don’t like it.

Not in any particular order:

MaxToch SN6X-2X
SkilHunt H01 or H02
Rofis JR10-G2
Sky Ray King (The budget flood stud)
Eagle Eye X6-SE
LuckySun D80-SE
Fenix LD01
Small Sun ZY-T13
SK-68
Eagle Eye A6-SE

I might be a little biased on some of them, though 8)

Good price at DX today as long as you don’t mind purple. :wink:

Sipik Sk68 black and grey-with xml2 u2 cw/nw-powered by 14500 by 2,8 amps
Dqg 18650 clickie
Convoy S4/S8
Armytek wizard pro headlamp
Dry 3x xml u2
the last-waiting for budget nitewalker mtg2 monster copy:)

I can think of more than ten but the light that always gets overlooked is the awesome Trustfire Z1.

It simply has no right to throw like it does with such a tiny reflector.

Additionally, the reflector is easy to take off, leaving a “mule” with great flood, then clipping it to a shirt pocket gives an easy replacement for a head lamp.
The current draw in high mode, though, is large and low mode must be used when long run time is required.

Spark SG5 with the optional reflector

Popular for a good reason.
Cheap, high quality, and easy to mod.
The S2+ in 18350 size is a tiny powerhouse.
Can’t leave out the SolarForce L2 series.
Same qualities in the P60 realm.

Tank007 E09
Romisen F7 (Kaidomain version)
Uniquefire AA-S1
C8
Solarforce L2M

All old, but still working flawlessly

• jacob a6o

convoy s6

nitecore D-10

lumintop tool

zebralight h51fw

blf eagle eyes x6 se

eagle tac d25a ti

Blf S-348 nichia

KD v6 buckle

supfire M6

Wow I seem to have very few of those lights listed and don’t even remember most of them being talked about that much.

Speaking for myself and only concerning the time and date we are at now I would suggest buying up any of the Olights that are currently on offer such as the S30, the S15R. S15 and the O’light Pen. They are solid mid range lights at budget prices and will surely all be gone soon.

As for standard fare and assuming you have already got the BLF A6 and X6 then realistically it is Convoy all the way with a lot of love going towards the C8 and S2+ and just lately the L2.

Single AA models:
Jetbeam BA10, Fenix LD12, or Armytek Prime A1

2 AA models:
Jetbeam BA20, Nitecore MT21a, Nitecore EA21, or Armytek Prime A2.

4 AA models:
Nitecore EA41, or Fenix E41.

Single 18650 models:
Convoy M1, M2, C8, or any Armytek 18650 flashlights.

ThruNite Archer AA
Olight i3s AAA
Bronte Ra01 AAA

I find it hard to believe so many accolades for single AAA lights. The runtime is just too short to interest me and I’m unlikely to buy another.

My favourite pocket light is the Nitecore MT10a. It is cheap, efficient and has a good UI.

My favourite running light is the SWM M40A XML U2. It is bright and easy to use.

1. Foursevens: MMU-X3. Because it is a classic item. It is (was?) the next step up in power from the class of lights that are as powerful as a single 18650 light.

2. Eagletac: SX25L3 MT-G2. Because it is compact for the 3 x 18650 class of lights.

3. Niwalker: MM15. Because it has irresistible cachet.

4. Noctigon: Meteor M43Vn XP-L pdtc. Because it has optimal size to power ratio.

5. Any keychain light, as preferred.

6. Any single 18650 light, as preferred.

7. Thrunite: Boosted TN36UT. Because the factory boost level is subabysmal. When properly boosted, this light is the next big thing in its size classification.

8. Acebeam: K60. Because of its combination of power and throw.

9. Any thrower, as preferred. Because, sometimes, tiny stuff further away may need to be viewed.

FOURSEVENS Maelstrom MMU-X3 (1 x RCR26650) CREE XM-L2 1600 Lumen is no longer being sold. I had contact with Four Sevens and they have no plans to keep making this light.

Ok, well, it is still my #1 must have item for me. :slight_smile:

For those who can’t get items that are no longer in production, make that the Maelstrom Regen MMU-X3R, which replaces the former.

The latter is similar, with some important differences.

XinTD c8 & Fire Foxes FF4 come to mind as top quality/great value per $ spent lights in their respective catagories.
It’s hard to explain what’s so special about these two lights until you actually have them in hand and put them to use.