Top Ten Complaints of a BLF member after buying the Moon

Moonlight mode is not low enough.

Now that I ordered it, I can't seem to find a reflector that fits the emitter size :-(

to BLF members for all being able to laugh at ourselves
Have had a laugh reading this
ONfire™

I LOLd at this thread.

- Heavy. Seriously, feels like this thing has its own gravitational pull…

• Won’t tail stand.

Ah but the other way when the moon comes between the Earth and the sun it puts on one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature!!! If you have never seen a total solar eclipse you have no idea of what you missed, including the chance to try your flashlight in the daytime. :bigsmile:

Hilarity ensued.
Had to decipher the terms for her.
She thinks we’re nuts (Good, it’s working!)

Later, love the comments, keep em coming.
Keith

Poor reflectivity, about 10% so Lumens out is terrible compared to the Sun.
Reflector is convex rather than concave, and with a very rough surface finish, again affecting visible brightness.
The last users left all of their garbage behind so it is filthy.
Has tire tracks on it.

It does not come with a lanyard :bigsmile:

Your sun just needs to be charged, I think it takes around 11 years. After that you should see the solar flares again.

It’s obvious that the manufacturer has serious QC issues. Everyone check their emitters, I bet you’ll find the dome is covered in dust, and has a lot of pits and craters in it. Some even report footprints! Very unacceptable. Anyway the sun I ordered has a much bigger output and warmer tint, but I heard it has thermal issues.

I thought this was suppposed to be a “Superior” “Quality” item? I’ve got mismatched colors on mine, simply not acceptable at all! I sent an email asking for exchange or refund, but no response as yet. They’re probably not gonna do anything at all to fix this glaring issue and I’ll have an ugly mis matched shelf queen moon. Aaaaaggghh! Not again!

People, this is BudgetLightForum.

The Moon does not produce any light. It just reflects the Sun's light.

Thread marked as SPAM. (not really.)

It also has a lousy driver, when I set it on “full” I hear howling noises instead of the annoying whine on my pwm-controlled flashlights

raccoon city;

Hey at least there are no Lithium Ion battery issues with the moon and it is certainly cheap to run being a simple reflective device. Not too dependable though for light as it moves at a different speed than the Sun so their angle to one another and the earth varies, causing variable illumination.

We’re not nuts, just lunatics :bigsmile:

The moon’s PWM is atrocious.
Not only are the duty cycle phases entirely visible, actually
appearing to wax and wane, but they also have an effect on the ocean tides,
endangering any users who have not been forewarned, particularly sailors and seaside dwellers.

There seems to be no thermal dissipation whatsoever, making the moon a
poor candidate for modding.
The expense of providing adequate copper heat transfer,
new emitter installation and a driver with proper regulation would be prohibitive.

“That’s what they want you to think”
The “Preppers” say it is not really there at all, it is just a holograph put there by the illuminati :slight_smile:

I knew that one was coming!
Do you think you deserve a partial credit?

The back side on my moon is shinier than the front, and Hairier :smiley:

really wanted a group buy but damned MAP police got involved.
What do you mean we can’t have have BLF engraved on it!

I modded my Moon with a 3 mode FET driver. Was expecting EPIC output!

But im now stuck with cresent moon, half moon and full moon. :Sp