Torch repairs in Europe - anyone here do the odd repair?

Like some others on here, I suspect I am not the only one who has no soldering kit, no electronic skillset, and no other means of repairing a torch (though I still enjoy melting small trees and I’m fairly skilled at accidentally frightening cattle with all the lumens at my disposal). So I wonder if there is anyone in Europe (I’m in France) who is capable of doing the odd repair-job for a klutz like myself?

Here’s what I currently have in the “to be repaired” box:

- a Convoy M1 with an emitter that has simply fallen off the board (not dropped - and hardly used, probably just a bad solder I guess)

- an MT03 with a package of new 2S2P innards that need to replace the current 4S bits

- 2 x L10 with the “dropped” problem that many say can be fixed with a re-solder on the board

• a UT01 replacement torch that has the “switch problem”, and was a replacement for a first unit that did not work at all. I’ve admittedly not bothered to even replace the second one - I have no confidence in the manufacturer at all and will never probably use the light even if it was working

I am more than happy to pay for someone’s time and trouble if anyone can help.

Thanks for reading.

I have done some repairs and a some mods and also repaired my UT01 and I have 2 switches for that. The problem is that I’m in Hungary and shipping costs very high here. :person_facepalming:

I’m sure there is someone from France here that can help you.

If you don’t find anyone, I can help you. It’s just shipping that can be expensive.

Stupid answer, but i see you live near The Miller, maybe he is willing to help?

Thanx to both of you - I’ll wait and see if there is someone a little closer to me and then get back to you, if that’s okay?

Mr Miller says his soldering skills may at best be only slightly better than mine :smiley: …… he’s also very busy arranging the onward distribution of 144,577 x Q8’s, I think.

However, I suspect between the two of us we could lay waste to most of Europe’s forests with vast amounts of luminosity!

I also have a flashlight I need worked on. I thought I had the time and skills — it turns out I have neither. :frowning:

I’m in Germany, but I have access to the US mail system.

Have you asked Lexel?

Who is Lexel, and where does he live, joechina? Can he be found easily enough on here?

Lexel is German :wink:
Try the search bar from BLF, it will help.

:+1:

Oh, sorry, I thought it is obvious that it is his user name here in BLF.

He is from Germany and sells also driver boards. So instead of a repair I guess an upgrade to TA-Driver mit NarsilM firmware can be made.

:slight_smile:

For which of my problems is that a suggested solution, joechina ?? :smiley:

X3 is good at modding.
The italic is because his username has a “-” in front and behind the X3

I’ve PM’d him, Mr Miller, we’ll see if he comes and joins us :slight_smile:

Hook

It should help KeithD :slight_smile:

But Lexcel has fixed his UT01 and replaced the switch.

Oooooh - let’s hope he turns up then!

I actually think there is probably quite a decent little business for someone doing this sort of thing. Especially if they got warranty work for the far-east manufacturers who have no representation here.

We’ll see what happens….

It’s ok :slight_smile:

I am also willing to provide repair or modding help to anyone for almost no cost.
You just pay shipping both way and parts.

I’ve been doing some repairs for people. I am in Michigan USA though. My fees are modest. So I’m an option if needed. :slight_smile:

I don’t have any message?