Torch repairs in Europe - anyone here do the odd repair?

I’ve PM’d him, Mr Miller, we’ll see if he comes and joins us :slight_smile:

Hook

It should help KeithD :slight_smile:

But Lexcel has fixed his UT01 and replaced the switch.

Oooooh - let’s hope he turns up then!

I actually think there is probably quite a decent little business for someone doing this sort of thing. Especially if they got warranty work for the far-east manufacturers who have no representation here.

We’ll see what happens….

It’s ok :slight_smile:

I am also willing to provide repair or modding help to anyone for almost no cost.
You just pay shipping both way and parts.

I’ve been doing some repairs for people. I am in Michigan USA though. My fees are modest. So I’m an option if needed. :slight_smile:

I don’t have any message?

I’m confused.

3X

X3

Lexel

XXX adult lumens

:cry:

X3 - are you in a position to offer a repair service for my little collection of bed-ridden torches? :smiley:

Reflowing the fallen emitter is a piece of cake so I’m ok to do that.
I don’t know Haikelite so you’ll have to show me some pics of the job to do with that 2s2p / 4s stuff (is it a new driver to solder?)
About the L10, we’re talking about L3 illumination right? They both fell and don’t work anymore?

In France, this site is held by a modder who sells torches he builds with stuff like Nichia leds, Convoy hosts, ecc. I’m pretty sure he can do the repair job, I don’t know if he does it for a price.
You can try to contact him (contact@puissanceled.com).

A few members mentioned who’ve should be able to do it. There’s also 3tronics in the UK who could do it. And powder coat the lights as well

On the www.taschenlampen-forum.de you should be able to find a few guys who’d be willing to do it (most likely in Germany though).

I could do the repairs on your lights, if nessesary replace drivers with TA ones

I got one U-Torch switch here somewhere

The MT03 is built pretty straightforward. Shouldn’t be a problem.

I could do it too, but since you’re in Charente (Maritime?) also, it’s obvious to send it to you i.m.o.

Thanks for that Alcius! That’s handy to know for sure.,….

Thank you Fritz - that’s a great site! I shall have to brush up on my German, I can see!!

Thanks for the reply, X3, and apologies for the confusion yesterday. I’ve sent you a PM…… :slight_smile:

Thanks for that, all good info to add to the memory bank! Does the powder coating not affect heat dissapation, as a matter of interest?

Jerome, I’ve sent you a PM, and thank you for the reply.

Short answer: not really :slight_smile:

See here for djozz’s test.

Unfortunately, James (3tronics) had to close his business down because it was clashing with his other commitments. I don’t know if he still takes private commissions or not, though.