Toshiba battery yields 18500 cells

The thought did cross my mind…

They came the other day and the cells all tested out at 1.9xV. I had to trickle some current into each one for about a minute before my WF-159’s would charge them. They all are fine now. Great buy, I am very glad to have them! Thanks to the OP.

pretty happy to get these :)

They all had 3.7v out of the pack .. charged up fine and are holding their own after a couple weeks.

You know how to fix THAT! :wink:

Thx for the post OP.

I ordered these a few days ago and the pack arrived today (2 biz days later.)

I don’t have a specific need for these right now but they’re nice cells to have. 1 is charger on my hobby charger right now and 4 are on my I4. As expected my hobby charger initially didn’t charge them due to low voltage. Thus I wired them up to my Nano charger (for my lummis) and gave them a few seconds to go to ~3v. As I recall all 6 cells read ~2.2 volts out of the pack.

Extraction was very clean and easy. I had use of 1 hand but even this was relatively easy for me.

I just put the pack in a vise. Used my heatgun on it a but. Pried at a seam with a small slotted screwdriver. Finished off with a small pair of needle nosed plier. The soldering tabs “sardine can” right off with the pliers. The cells edges are then lightly cleaned up with a dremel.

Nice deal on these clean pulls.

AZ

Wow, the price has shot up from $8.99 to $27.99.

Yikes! Yeah I noticed that.

I guess I was lucky to still get an order in at the old price.

It’s been awhile since I ordered a bunch of fresh 18650s. I’ll sit on the sideline for some 18650 battery pack pulls. It seems like a good way to go for a volume of cells.

AZ

Happy I got them when I did I guess I should have bought a few more
These will be used to replace D cells with a spacer in a 2D mag mod

i bet they looked into why such “dead stock” was suddenly in demand.
great deal while it lasted.
was going to grab a few more but they can keep em at $27.99!

Obtained some 18500s lights recently and searched for this thread hoping to find cheap 18500s. Disappointed to see they raised the prices. I should’ve jumped on the deal when this was first posted.

They were probably selling less than 1 per month before this thread appeared, suddenly a hot commodity with people across the country buying multiple units.

Makes sense. It was great while it lasted. This is one of my favorite deal alerts. Another one was Ohaya's first laptop battery find with the 18650 Pana's.

The price dropped to $17.99 Are there any other better deals on 18500’s? I wish I could have got them at $8.99

I don't think there's much of a laptop market for them, a few more months of zero sales and maybe they'll be reasonable again.

Try and PM coreyinandout. He is a member now and may give you the old deal. He has mentioned in an other thread that he is willing to give us consideration. For instance, he is willing to sell a certain pack that they sell for 14.99 in retail box, free shipping, for $10 each in lots of 5 if they can ship loose, out of retail package to save them postage.

This particular battery PA3332U-1BRS is selling quite well at the moment at $16.99. I don’t think I can do much better unless in quantities of at least 5 better deal for 10. I suspect it is someone from this site that is buying them up at $16.99. We had to go up form our $9.99 price because it was actually being autopriced lower to compete with another seller that was selling imitation units. Our shipping department caught that fact that we were barely covering shipping at $8.99 nevermind our cost. So we had to go up to laptop market value for a genuine battery Obviously they slowed in sales and we dropped the price to $16.99. That price seems to be fair at least to somebody that is driving the sales. I suspect they will be all gone in a week or so at the rate they are currently moving.

I have seen someone selling Sanyo 18500's pulled from packs on Ebay, that might be the buyer.

I’m confortable paying that for 12 cells. But can you confirm the PA3332U-1BRS contains 18500s?

The PA3332U contains 12 18650’s and costs 16.99
The PA3442U contains 6 18500’s and now costs 17.99. That is the one that used to be 8.99. They have only sold 1 of those packs in the last 2 1/2 months

this is why