Trustfire MiniX $15.70 on AliExpress

Hm, just tried it, only for you of course. I can see €18.06 including 21% VAT.
After logging in, I can get a coupon for €0.88.
So the total price is €17.18 with VAT, and €14.20 without VAT.

But the latter is not going to happen.
Even IF I could persuade Ali to send it without VAT,
PostNL would standard charge me with 21% VAT PLUS €4.00 handling fee.

Thank you both.

Yes, your calculations are in line with price, I provided in picture above.
I prefer to buy in USD and let the bank to do the conversion from USD to EUR.

We have 22% VAT here in Slovenia.

In the past (before 1.7.) most of flashlights arrived without VAT and custom clearance, directly in my mail box. :+1:
After 1.7., this is not possible anymore. All stores (Banggood, AE…) include VAT in final price. :frowning:

Kind regards

Here's the Trustfire MiniX for $16.79 from a different seller.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003365148970.html

Every color combination is available, but there's no $1 off coupon (if you buy just one.)

Ordered one purple with UV+white lights for S$22.41, or about US$16.60. Free shipping from China to Singapore. No sale tax. Thanks to Singapore-China FTA Agreement.

17$ + on ebay

I received my Trustfire MiniX today.

That's pretty quick shipping!

I really like the MiniX.

The UI is fine for me, but the RovyVon keychain flashlights have a simpler UI that is more suitable for my mom and sister.

The next time I can get a RovyVon A3 or A3 Pro for $20, I might get some for the family.

Damm luck dawg! :slight_smile: Dang, the only Trusfire I have is 2 lonely 18650 batteries from over 8 years ago! Plus the buggers still work too!

Got my black minix in yesterday……Bitchen Lil mofo!

Got mine today and like it ...

stuck it on my keychain so ask me in a month .

A year and a half later……

I still like it.

It’s not a daily driver and for the short period of time that it was on my keychain. it has a few little wear marks. One noticeable thing is the battery seems to be holding up very well, and if I haven’t touched it for months, it never shows up dead like some of these little lights with an internal battery. it holds a charge very well and always seems ready to go. Overall, I still like the look the colors, the style, the feel ,the secondary red and the hidden red flashing bacon mode.
A nice low low ,no low freq. PWM and 4 well spaced loads.
Great little light. I’m glad I bought it

1 Thank

I’ve been considering this tiny, flat, rectangular style of keychain light for awhile. Your feedback is timely and appreciated, particularly how the battery maintains its charge over extended periods.

Coincidentally, the Mini-X is currently being advertised with a 2-4-1 deal on the Trustfire website, but without any details.

Great little light but the red emitter could use some options and a better optic. I noticed the same thing about the battery - great. I’m not a keychain light guy at all but this one got my attention after MascaratumB’s review. Still cheap on aliexpress but often their stores on ebay and amazon have great prices as well. I was tempted to buy the similar Fenix light just to compare. I drill-milled the loop off of mine so that it would tailstand, works well enough but there’s still not much of a footprint there.

Someone asked early on about how to open it to modify/ emitter swap . After looking at it a while my guess is the whole thing was probably shoved in from the front . That might explain the little floating metal button and the rubber nub in the hole .
I obviously tried a Z-2 (804) minus green filter and a piece of #3 diffuser film . The truth is everything looks better with a little tint correction .
I took shots before, with just filter, just diffuser, and then both diffuser and minus green filter.
Even diffuser alone makes the tint a little bit better. Unfortunately, the photos don’t accurately represent what you see with your eye so I ditch them and quit trying to take pics.
The camera is always showing much more of a hotspot than your eye sees. The results are much nicer than pics are ever showing .
For about 7 years I ran a AAA DQG stainless steel w/ a clicky ( till it died) 2 mode neutral white . One of the smallest AAA options . I was happy with it and was quick to show it off to strangers but caught myself repeatedly saying proudly it was only $28 . → Then suddenly realizing that twenty eight bucks to an average person for a tiny light was like saying I like to light my hair on fire .
On a keychain light hi cri ora sexy tint isn’t all that important as long as it’s not a horrible tint since it’s rarely used and even then only for a matter of seconds . In the pile of keys the stainless made sense and $28 for 7 years was $4 a year or a penny a day …the mini-x is half that .

I was thinking it was all probably pushed in from the rear…possibly as a tray with the cap is attached. The front lens looks like maybe it’s sitting against a small lip with that red seal behind it, and the optics press up against it…I think? I didn’t notice until just now that the optic for each emitter has a frosted middle spot, larger on the red side. The mcpcb looks like it might be on a sled with centering tabs…hard to see in there and UV light doesn’t reveal anything helpful either. These are cheap enough it might be fun to buy one at the best discount someday and just tear into it for science.