TrustFire T90-2 Luminus SST-90 @FASTTECH

No matter how good this light is, its just to expensive.

Lets compare it to TK61 which can be had for ~ 145$

One simple resistor mod, puts TK61 to around 250.000 cd….with WAY less heat, superior build and beam quality, superior runtimes, less bulky, better driver, more efficient, better anodizing, better reflector, and so on….

Hy,

i modded the Trustfire T90-2 to 713 Kcd, so it outperforms even the TK61vn, but sure the TK61 has very much portential. I changed the Driver to an LCK 5A Driver, inserted an XP-G2 S2 2B and replaced the Lens (93mm) to an UCLp from Flashlightlens. I ordered the Flashlight from Alibaba, so i didn´t pay 187 US$ .

This thing is huuuuge!

Disassembled. This was very hard as the head is completely glued.

LCK 5A Driver with an adapter made from brass

Dedomed XP-G2 R5 2B in the meantime changed to XP-G2 S2 2B dedomed

Well centered.

93mm UCLp Lens

Two Beamshots about 250metres, 3 Sec., F=4,5, ISO400

As the LCK Driver overheated (not potted), the driver died some weeks ago. I replaced it temporarily with a Trustfire TR-0163b (5A) until the light goes to a german modder (more Kcd ). Then the Driver will be replaced with the LCK Driver again. The Driver will be potted then, too and the LED will get a spacer to get deeper into the reflector.

Regards

Kenjii

Wow!

Hy,

EDIT: I tested the original Driver with XM-L2 on Noctigon @8,3A. Both tested LED died after some seconds … J)

Regards

Kenjii

Hy,

just another Beamshot from a meeting in Germany made by The_Driver. Distance to the target is about 270 metres.

Greetings

Kenjii

Hy,

the modded T90-2 was measured with a calibrated Gossen Mavolux 5032B at 825 Klux/Kcd last weekend :slight_smile:

Beamshots here: Beamshots

Greetings

Kenjii

wow nice beamshots :slight_smile:

Awesome mod. I've loved this light since I saw it the first time :-) Thank you for sharing.

This light is epic with an MT-G2 as well as an XM-L2!

Trying to set a subscription to this thread. Am interested in l_o_n_g throwers for use at sea.

Incredible work Kenjii. What a beast! Congrats

Hy,

the T90-2 doesn´t work a the moment as i stole the LED for another project :wink: And the plan was to try a dedomed MT-G2@9A next. But i have other projects on the list at the moment. So i think it will take some time to get that finished.

Greetings

Kenjii

I guess you’ll just have to put a Cree XHP70 in there now and give us a full review with beam shots. :bigsmile:

Hi,

just a little update. After almost three years running XP-G2 dedomed something had to happen. So i removed the old LCK 5,7A Driver and pulled the LED. I used a 4S LD2-M2 2,5A which was placed on an aluminium bar in the huge pill. I use 4x Efest 26500.

Then i glued the ends of the wires with epoxy.

The nice XHP35 Hi 5000K

The light now makes about 2200 Lumens and 562 Klux (~1500m range) :slight_smile: Much less intensity than before (>800 Klux) but it is unbelievable useful now! Very broad beam with a medium corona.

Regards

Kenjii

haw can you use 4s in a 3s light? did you get an extension tube?
could you post some beamshots?

Still playing with mine and 1500 meters is no problem.

Hi,

i use 4x 26500 instead of 3x26650 which results in the Same length.

Regards

Kenjii

do you have any beamshots?

Hi,

here are some beamshots of the Trustfire T90-2 compared to Trustfire X7 and Thrunite TN4A, all running a XHP35 Hi at 2,5A.

Controlshot

Trustfire T90-2 - 562 Klux, 2400 Lumens

Trustfire X7 - 334 Klux, 2400 Lumens

Thrunite TN4A, 77 Klux, 2150 Lumens

Here some older shots for comparison

Regards

Kenjii

I missed your XHP35 HI swap Kenjii. That reflector sure concentrates a tight beam. In high mode after your XHP swap, how much better does the T90-2 exchange heat with the air, versus the X7? Also, do you have a feel yet for how long that light might last in high mode with the 26500’s?

Well done, and thank you for posting!