Trustfire X9 - Work in Progress

+1

I need one of those slugs for my X9 also. And I did do the MT-G2 install on mine with a zener modded Nanjg 101 8X. Its definitely not a thrower anymore really. Huge flood light now. I want the throw back, I don't like it. I'm wondering if a dedome would help.. Have not found the info on how to or should I do that yet.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that in the description on FT's website it says input voltage 4.2 - 8.4. Don't use two batteries with it, I fried mine before I even got a chance to see it light up. I spent hours of wasted time trying to get them to change the description and compensate me somehow, they never did. A$$holes.

G’day, I actually forgot about this thread.

I ended up selling the light to a guy in England who was very happy with it.

There are some more photos of the light and some beamshots in the for sale thread HERE

Thanks LSX

Hi SmallerLights. You’re quite attentive :). You’re 100% correct. I’ve landed on the TrustFire X9 for now. Still looking out for something that could be better value for money. I’m looking for something in this form factor, at a good price, for proper modding and big throw (200+ kcd). Will be used as a gun/rifle/hunting light. I still need to find out if I can find a remote pressure switch for the X9.

You could just get a C8 remote pressure switch and pull the switch mechanism out and put it in the X9 tailcap.

Thanks for the recommendation LSX. Excellent.

There isn’t one you have to fabricate something for yourself, thats why I sold my X9 also…